Copper and Alzheimer's disease

Distillation methods and improvements.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Max_Vino
Bootlegger

Copper and Alzheimer's disease

Post by Max_Vino »

Interesting research.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-07-d ... eimer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Copper and Alzheimer's disease

Post by pfshine »

So what they're saying is.... They found something but they don't know anything about it.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Boda Getta
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Boda Getta »

Many great discoveries start with a tiny discovery, often not clear at the beginning of its significances. Even the smallest bit of information about this disease is a good thing.

BG
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Its been reported that Turmeric melts away the beta amyloid plaques in the brain (that the copper binds to) and that is implicated in Alzheimers. I took it for a while, and would still walk out in the garage and stand there like an idiot trying to remember what the hell I needed from the garage.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

My family has a history of Alz...old folk disease...

I take turmeric, nicotine and other alkaloids. There are at least two studies showing nicotine/alkaloids stimulate the brain to shed the plaque associated with Alz...

The funniest one I've read lately has to do with actually vibrating the brain to shed the plaque...of all things rock & roll through headphones. HA!

Jimbo, my worst is when I can see in my wife's eyes that I have asked here or told the same thing before. To avoid being mean...she holds up fingers to show me the number of times I've said the same thing. Such as a peace sign means this is the second time. The FINGER just means she doesn't want to hear it the first time!
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

My wife just looks at me and smiles. "We've been here before huh", "Yup". "Well, what was the outcome?"
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
Danespirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Danespirit »

Ha,ha,ha...you got humor DAD..
No...serious i hope some day they find a cure for this terrible disease.
Who knows..might be copper or some things they find in animals.
For example a resarch is going on to use a compound found in sharks for cancer.