building a kegorator.

Alcoholic beverages which are not classified as spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

building a kegorator.

Post by WooTeck »

I'm starting a kegorator build on Monday when my chest freezer arrives. My hopes for this thread are as both a buil and a show your own.

I have grand plans that will add features over time.
First task getting operational then tarting it up over the next few weeks/months ending in a raspberry pi controller.
Halfbaked
retired

Re: building a kegorator.

Post by Halfbaked »

I like the Johnson controller on a keezer build. I have 3 kegoraters and a jockey box with plates instead of coils. I have 10 gal of apple cider and 10 gal of grapefruit session IPA in the other and one is empty.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

damn half baked 3? :shock:

the freezer ive got on order holds 8 corneys. have a controller that came with my big brew system so im set to get going as soon as it arives.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

ive got 2 taps on and the co2 manifold set to carb 4 kegs at a time going to up that to 6 shortly.
my drip tray has arrived and is on. still a long way to compleation but its on its way.

WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

6 new stainles perlic like taps have arrived and have been installed. all the equipment has arrived just need to tart it up with fancy woods to make it look nice.
20161214_173520-800x450.jpg
Lawfish
Bootlegger

Post by Lawfish »

Nice! I asked for a second corny for X-mas. I will split my regulator in 2 and run both kegs at the same pressure. 2 beers is all the variety I can handle. Always have a hefeweizen on tap and now I'll have a second choice. Probably my blonde ale I've got going now.
Lawfish

Homebrewer turned distiller
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

lawfish if your in the uk thehomebrewcompany.co.uk some times dose some really cheap kegs. they arnt the best looking but work well.
after the live kegs are done with there will 3/4 beers on, one cider, one mead and maybe a spirit mixer or cocktail.
Lawfish
Bootlegger

Post by Lawfish »

Great ideas. I can only fit 2 kegs, so it will be 2 varieties of beer (usually hefe and a honey ale or blonde ale). I keep my cider in 2 liter bottles. I'd love to have cider on tap! You're going to have one special man cave.
Lawfish

Homebrewer turned distiller
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

Lawfish wrote:Great ideas. I can only fit 2 kegs, so it will be 2 varieties of beer (usually hefe and a honey ale or blonde ale). I keep my cider in 2 liter bottles. I'd love to have cider on tap! You're going to have one special man cave.
3 kegs = 2 on tap and 1 for ageing :D . ive got alot in my brew room plan was brew lots and get better. plan now is to brew some big beers and age them for a while. maybe store some whisky in it.

this is set up in my living room. the gf absolutely hates it but is slowly coming round to it. it helps to have something she can drink on it.

i have a family freind that moves pianos for a living, hes looking out for ones going to scrap and ill take the nice wood to use. itl be nice wood collar and foot, thinking about a chesterfeild effect upholstery under the collar.