Cholula Shine!

Alcoholic beverages which are not classified as spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

sttifyd35
Novice

Cholula Shine!

Post by sttifyd35 »

I want to experiment with trying to make a wine and spirit that resembles Cholula Sauce. Figured i would ask everyones opinion on it. First im going to make a tomato wine. After primary fermentation, i am going to syphon the tomato wine into a carboy that has a combination on pequin and arbol chili peppers. Friend of mine is really excited for me to try it. Hope it comes out good.
masonsjax
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Cholula Shine!

Post by masonsjax »

A very similar thread over on the beer forum got some good feedback ;-)

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=585037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

Sounds good to me. I've had habañeros and jalapeños soaking in my white dog for months now, I love a good spicy liquor. Definitely keep us up to date on your progress.
Snackson
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Snackson »

Sttify posted that topic over there on HBT too it seems. I like the idea of doing a tomato wine and adding in peppers. Having them in the boiler will help carry heat and flavor over. If more is wanted, you could macerate them in low wines as wel.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

interested in how the tomato spirit works out. i had the plan a while back to make tomato spirit and age it with basil & origano. the top went moldy so it got tossed. i learnt to make sure the wash wasnt to thick with tomatos
sttifyd35
Novice

Post by sttifyd35 »

Right now i have the original fermentation of the tomato wine done. I syphoned it off onto arbol and pequin chilis. It changed from a feint pink color to dark red. Definitely has a smoky scent to it. I will keep posted.
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

You'd damn well better keep us posted, that sounds awesome.
sttifyd35
Novice

Post by sttifyd35 »

Hey guys! Its reached the time that i syphon this spicy creation once more and take a reading. May get my first taste tonite. I will keep you all posted. I also have a dandelion wine going as well!
sttifyd35
Novice

Post by sttifyd35 »

Opened first bottle this weekend. Definitely flavorful! However, not a drinking wine in my eyes. Would be a great cooking wine to add to a pulled pork or even a steak. A lot of heat!
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

im making pulled pork with my homebrew 80/-. but that sounds awesome.