Home run

Alcoholic beverages which are not classified as spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Home run

Post by Yonder »

Hit two homers this week with an Apple Pie cyser and an agave lime mead, both bottled late last year. The cyser was like drinking the filling of a fine apple pie, at 15 abv. Wishin I could find a way to incorporate the crust taste! The agave at 13 was fabulous. Huajilla honey, lime, agave, and a vanilla boost. Unbelieveable flavor and a delicate mouth. 5 gallons each comin up soon as I clear the UJ from my fermenters.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
DetroitDIY
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Home run

Post by DetroitDIY »

Hey Yonder, I would love to see your recipe on the agave lime. I have lot's of both, and like exploring with mead flavors. Many plans... too little production. Just finally bottled a apple / pomegranate ice wine that I started 15 months ago. Very tasty!
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Home run

Post by Yonder »

DetroitDIY wrote:Hey Yonder, I would love to see your recipe on the agave lime. I have lot's of both, and like exploring with mead flavors. Many plans... too little production. Just finally bottled a apple / pomegranate ice wine that I started 15 months ago. Very tasty!
2 lb wildflower honey, 1 lb blue agave nectar, 1 pack 71D yeast, with juice of 1/2 lime, water to 1 gal or so. Shoot for 1.11+. Alternate feedings of DAP and energizer 1/8 tsp for 8 days. Rack off to glass at 2 weeks or below 1.0. Add potassium sorbate, 1/4 tsp lime, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 6 oz honey, and 10 more agave. Bottle two weeks later. 13 ABV.

That will give you a gallon, which was my experimental batch. Scale it up as you like. My next batch will run 5 gals. You may want to adjust the adjunct flavoring after racking to make sure the scaling didn't alter the flavor or sweetness.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.