Honey shine?

Grain bills and instruction for all manner of alcoholic beverages.

Moderator: Site Moderator

heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Honey shine?

Post by heartcut »

Durace11 wrote:Damn Heartcut, I'd probably just drink that mead, forget stillin it.

I just bottled 10 gallons of a JAOM hydromel made with grapefruit, a cherry/plum sweet sack mel, & a traditional cactus honey mead. I also had a gallon of mead made from south american honey that went bad on me. It tastes like barf and smells like garbage so I'm thinking I might pot still it and see if it cleans up or not. If not it goes into the feints jug for the next neutral batch.
Well, Duracell, we're in the process of drinking it. Made another batch of show meade from Mississippi Clover honey, bottled 6 gal, and am currently stacking the still on the other 6. Hard to get the stuff into the boiler in this household...
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden
Durace11
Distiller

Post by Durace11 »

I just started drinking my Plum/Cherry, Cactus & Grapefruit. Tried them all over the holiday and it seems they are well on their way to being super. Plum/Cherry is like a port without the ABV kick, Cactus is smooth and fine as a nice wine & the Grapefruit is a little dry but improving nicely with just a slight bite that a dry wine will give, quite nice cold.

Just bottled 12 gallons pyment made from Rose wine and Orange Blossom honey, smells like a candy factory and it's carbing up as we speak. Should be ready by summer for a bubbly treat. Oh the meads are so fine after a long wait.
Current Evolution:
MrDistiller > 2" potstill > copper 4" perf 4 plate flute

"I seal the lid with Silly Putty, that's OK ain't it ?"
~ kekedog13

"Attach a vibrator to it and hang it upside down. Let it work"
~Mr. P
heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by heartcut »

The show meade is delicious distilled. 4pm is a little early, but I'm gonna sample again!
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden