Strawberry PD

Grain bills and instruction for all manner of alcoholic beverages.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Morrey
Novice

Strawberry PD

Post by Morrey »

I am using Pothead's method to create strawberry pd. Fresh strawberries are coming in now, and I always like fresh ingredients when possible. Won't be long til fresh peaches will be in season. Do y'all feel I can treat peaches the same as strawberries and use basically the same process but with peaches instead?
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Strawberry PD

Post by Truckinbutch »

More or less . They have both been dealt with and are available if you Google search .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Morrey
Novice

Post by Morrey »

Truckinbutch wrote:More or less . They have both been dealt with and are available if you Google search .

I feel the need to say this. I DID a Google search and filtered thru a hour of BS that really didn't help me much. It is pretty simple to answer a question and actually be somewhat fucking helpful to get a personal answer instead directed to do a Google search.

In forums such as homebrew talk, new folks ask the same questions over and over. It is helpful for seasoned veterans to engage with them and become connected for the enjoyment of the hobby. True, the vast majority of questions have been asked and answered. In that regard just say look it up ass wipe. But is that really encouraging to novices? I'd say not.

Attitudes as yours and some other members on here do not encourage the "good will" of this forum. Not user friendly what so ever. I'll bet when you had a question way back then, did you ask or did you just look it up?

Really, common decency is important.
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Take a deep breath, Morrey.
Sometimes the pat answer of "look it up" is just because there are many, many results.

F'rinstance. I did the HD Google Search for "peaches" and found lots of post here on the forums.
(You said you did a Google search --not sure if you did HD Google Search up there at the top of the page.)

Truckin'Butch can be a little short, but he's a lovable ol' coot. Don't let 'im wreck your day.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Round here peaches is cheap.

Did you try it like strawberrys yet?
If not. Why not.
Don't be scared to mess up cause you will
Learn.Not what someone tole you but what
You know.

Likker makein is what you make it.

So I'm tole
Morrey
Novice

Post by Morrey »

Oh yeah. I did a small batch for test, now I got a full gallon of strawberry hootch working now. The strawberries have lost almost all their color and look darn near anemic so I'm close. I'll rack off the hootch, sugar down the berries and use the berry syrup to back sweeten to taste. Citric acid (I used lemon juice) helped to balance out the flavor.

Yeah, peaches here are plentiful so can I can do a fruit infused peach hootch the same? Just looking for tips that may be helpful if I try peaches...or do it same as strawberries?

I much prefer fruit infusions after distillation as opposed to mashing/fermenting on fruit, then distilling. I can't pick up as much fruit flavor that way...just my opinion.
Morrey
Novice

Post by Morrey »

Still Life wrote:Take a deep breath, Morrey.
Sometimes the pat answer of "look it up" is just because there are many, many results.

F'rinstance. I did the HD Google Search for "peaches" and found lots of post here on the forums.
(You said you did a Google search --not sure if you did HD Google Search up there at the top of the page.)

Truckin'Butch can be a little short, but he's a lovable ol' coot. Don't let 'im wreck your day.
You have always been helpful and supportive, and for that, I am genuinely grateful!! Michigan Cornhusker has been a Godsend, so not all is negative by any means.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Morrey wrote: You have always been helpful and supportive, and for that, I am genuinely grateful!! Michigan Cornhusker has been a Godsend, so not all is negative by any means.
I was about to comment about how you should be dropping your own panties since it seems like you have them in a bunch :lol:

OVZ
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Morrey wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:More or less . They have both been dealt with and are available if you Google search .

I feel the need to say this. I DID a Google search and filtered thru a hour of BS that really didn't help me much. It is pretty simple to answer a question and actually be somewhat fucking helpful to get a personal answer instead directed to do a Google search.

In forums such as homebrew talk, new folks ask the same questions over and over. It is helpful for seasoned veterans to engage with them and become connected for the enjoyment of the hobby. True, the vast majority of questions have been asked and answered. In that regard just say look it up ass wipe. But is that really encouraging to novices? I'd say not.

Attitudes as yours and some other members on here do not encourage the "good will" of this forum. Not user friendly what so ever. I'll bet when you had a question way back then, did you ask or did you just look it up?

Really, common decency is important.
You better scroll back about 4 tears and read how I got my ass reamed by RAD and Tater and others . I didn't get to where I am because I got pampered .
This is a serious hobby with dire consequences if you fuck up because you failed yourself on the getgo .
What you consider rude is me challenging you to know what you need to know before you realize that you need to know it .
I'm not being mean . I am being thorough for your benefit .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .