Mixed Feint run

Grain bills and instruction for all manner of alcoholic beverages.

Moderator: Site Moderator

chickenfeed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Mixed Feint run

Post by chickenfeed »

Has anyone ever done a faint run mixing different things together in my case I have enough to do a faint run if I mix my room and sour mash things together I don't know if anyone's ever tried this before I don't think I want to but I'm interested if anyone's ever done it and had a good result
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Re: Mixed Feint run

Post by still_stirrin »

gigo....Google it.
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

chickenfeed wrote:Has anyone ever done a faint run mixing different things together in my case I have enough to do a faint run if I mix my room and sour mash things together I don't know if anyone's ever tried this before I don't think I want to but I'm interested if anyone's ever done it and had a good result
rerunning through a reflux column capable of neutrals or near neutral sure, running through a pot still maybe not so many
It is what you make it
chickenfeed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by chickenfeed »

still_stirrin wrote:gigo....Google it.
sorry that's wrong rum faints and sour mash faints mixing them to do a single faints run
chickenfeed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by chickenfeed »

OK I googled it and found references in this forum some people saying sure try it see what happens other saying now save it for when it's time
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

As long as you don't mix feints that clash with each other, you should be able to make some nice product. Depending on your blending skills, maybe even more than one style from the same run.
freefall
Swill Maker

Post by freefall »

I ran a feints run through my boka. It has been aging in jars for a few months now. I would guess close to 8 months . It has smoothed out considerably. It still has a bit of a buttery taste to it. The nose on it is a little anticeptic as well. I just checked a jar and it is at 94% So that would account for the nose. I'm sure once it is proofed down to 80% It will be more like a good flavorless vodka. All feints were taken from a few pure corn runs and ujssm.
Chip N Dale
Novice

Post by Chip N Dale »

I save all my heads and tails in my feints jug. We have done this many times with some very nice results.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

No wrong answer here. Either way mixing or keeping them separated can make a nice product. Not quite the same but I know a craft distillery in my area that buys red wine barrels to age his whiskey to give his final product a slight fruit flavor. My point is we can get different results and it doesn't mean it's wrong especially if the product is good to you. The one beauty about this hobby is we don't make mistakes just create interesting results. If it is too interesting then just re-run it.