Adding to sweetfeed....

Grain bills and instruction for all manner of alcoholic beverages.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Worm_Drippinz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Adding to sweetfeed....

Post by Worm_Drippinz »

Anyone toss in any apples?

Bananas?

Other fruit?

Thinking about trying out a few small run with diff fruits to the SF tried and true....
Worm_Drippinz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Adding to sweetfeed....

Post by Worm_Drippinz »

Well I am going to try this for s**** and giggles anyway I will let you guys know how it goes!

:)
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

What's up worm, I've given some thoughts of doing apples in my thumper when I run my apple wash later on but sf I think you would definitely have to use a thumper to keep from either burning to the bottom of the pot or an element if running electric.

Not sure what you're running but experiments are always in my plans, bananas are probably more suitable for rums but sf has moll so maybe, apples sound great if you have an open top on your thumper (if you do) that way you could steam the flavors out kinda like a big gin basket.

I've also given consideration to orange zest in the vapor path for my rums and now have it the near future for my next sf run.

although a maceration of the zest in low wines would be another option.

Buddy, experiment like the most of us and learn something new and try to remember or keep good notes to share when you hit the nail on the head :thumbup:
Down_Home52
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Down_Home52 »

Haven't tried bananas in my SF but made some banana wine. Fermented like jack the bear. Ugly as hell during fermentation. Cleared out to a beautiful golden wine. Super sweet and 14% ABV!! Mixes well with any wine that needs sweetening. All that to say I think you will like it and it will definitely add fuel to your fermentation.
I dream of a worm running like a water hose.....
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

Throwing bananas into your boiler adds a nice, unique sweetness to the final product in my experience. I’ve only done it with UJ, but I can see it being nice inSF as well.