[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]-Cachaça 101

Grain bills and instruction for all manner of alcoholic beverages.

Moderator: Site Moderator

JesseMarques
Bootlegger

[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]-Cachaça 101

Post by JesseMarques »

-----------UNDER CONSTRUCTION-------------------
[accepting any contribution]

Hi HDs I'm new here and want to contribute. I've seen there's a lot of posts about rum in general, but not so much about rhum agricole nor cachaça. I'm brazilian and started distilling early this year, sugar washes and cachaça runs, so I wanna share with you some knowledge about sugar cane juice fermentation.

Cachaça vs. Rhum Agricole
I believe everyone already knows, but I'll reinforce: It's basically the same, but cachaça needs to be made in Brasil, It's a terroir matter.
Brazilians in general don't even drink rum (in the markets we can find only Montilla and Bacardí) and just a few know that's also a sugar cane product (Yeah!).
Cachaça is recognized by México (since 2018) and USA (since 2012) as a brazilian product, just like Tequila is Mexican and Bourbon and Tennessee Whisky are from USA

History
During 1500's Brasil was a major sugar producer, and in it's process we always get some fermentables that are not desireable in table sugar. After pressing the cane to extract the juice it was transferred to large copper bowls to boil for removing water. During this process foam is formed, and has to be removed, this foam was then called "cachaza" (spanish word cuz' between 1580 and 1640, Portugal and Spain were united). This foam was used to feed animals and slaves. Soon they realized this foam wine could be distilled, the first still probably was taken from a ship wich was used to remove salt from sea water.
https://i0.wp.com/www.mapadacachaca.com ... C320&ssl=1
Oldest remains from Portuguese sugar factories in Brasil
At the end of XVII century, Holand was kicked out from Brasil NE region, so they went to central america where started producing a better quality sugar, breaking Brasil's economy wich forced sugar producers to make more cachaça to avoid losses.
It's popularity was so strong that it started to be used as money, you could buy lands, food, animals or slaves by trading cachaça. It was also part of slaves rations for a while.
Cachaça got very popular among brazilians, so Portugal criminalized it to protect their own spirit, bagaceira (portuguese grappa).
This is a beverage directly linked to lower classes, only in the last century it started to be appreciated by upper class, and in the begin of XXI century it starts getting other countries recognition as a brazilian product

Sugar Cane
Cachaça can be made out of any sugar cane variety, in the past the most popular one was "cana caiana" wich is very flavourfull but suffer with infections easily, so nowadays there's a bigger variety to choose from.
In most of brazilian territory happens a wet and a dry season, the sugar cane is harvested between may and october, the dry season, when the rainy season begins the juice and flavors gets dilluted and the soil gets messy, time to stop.
The plantation can't be put on fire before harvesting (was comon because burns only the leaves) to avoid carcinogenic substances in the spirit due to the smoke.

Juicing and Preparing to Fermentation
This is a product direct related with the harvest so you need a fast fermentation to keep everything working as fast as possible.
First, the sugar cane is cleaned only with water, just to remove dust. Leaves are fully removed also. But all the yeast and bacterya in the cane outside must remain, it will accelerate the fermentation and provide a lot of flavors. But you cannot afford getting all your wash getting to funky, that's why the juice needs to be diluted to around 15Brix (15%m/m = 1.060 OG). This, allied with high fermentation temperatures (around 30ºC) allows fermentation finishing within 24h (yeast decantation included).
Some distilleries uses a higher or lower OG (than 1.060), depending on the yest, speed, flavors desired, etc. It's not wrong to put a wash with higher OG and take longer to ferment. It's a matter of taste.
The leftovers of the cane can be washed with hot water and pressed again to extract more sugars depending on what kind of juicer you have and its efficiency

Yeast
Cachaça has a specific taste, and there's is two options to go for: lab yeast or full wild yeast fermentation
-Lab yeast:
If you choose for a lab yeast just go for it and be happy, it's the easiest way so use it as package recomendations, but never kill the wild yeast on the skin, they are our allies
-Wild yeast aka Fermento Caipira:
For this, you need to start small, you'll fill your fermenter with 10% of it's capacity with dilluted cane juice mixed with enough raw cornmeal and/or rice flour (around 0.1kg/3L of juice). keep feeding it daily and and increasing the OG, before you feed with 15Brix, rack the wash and keep the bottom (you can distill this wash, but it can be to harsh to be a cachaça). Use the yeast mass left on the fermenter to start a full batch with 15Brix, this ferment is often used around 5 times, after 5th generation it starts souring, wich will take longer to improve during ageing.
Fermentations should finish fast and under 1.000 OG.

Distillation
Anything here is allowed, copper, stainless steel, ceramic, any design.
But copper is a mandatory due to sulfur compounds, at least the condenser should be copper.
It's traditionally single distilled in pot stills, no striping runs, only spirit run (if your pot still is able to go from around 7% until at least 54 ABV). But it gives you a rough product, if you choose to redistill or use a reflux or plate still you'll get a cleaner beverage, with less contaminants.
Also generally in a pot still all that comes out above 94ºC is tails
The distilate should have more than 54 ABV and less than 70 ABV (the whole distilate, it's not cut points)

Congeners
For those chemists just like me:
It's used a congeners coeficcient to determine the quality of the cachaça. This coefficient is the sum of volatile acidity (acetic acid), aldehydes (acetaldehyde), total esters (etyl acetate), superior alcohols (sum of n-propyl, isobutyl and isoamyl alcohols), and furfural+hidroxifurfural and it can't be lower than 200mg/100mL or higher than 650mg/100ml of anhydrous etanol

Congeners max(mg/100mL of anhydrous etanol)
volatile acidity 150
aldehydes 200
total esters 30
superior alcohols 5
furfural+hidroxifurfural 360

Contaminants
Organic Contaminants:
Contaminant amount permited
Metanol under 20mg/100mL of anhydrous etanol
Etyl carbamate under 150µg/L of final product
Acrolein (2-propenal) 5mg/100ml of anhydrous etanol
2-butanol 10mg/100ml of anhydrous etanol
1-butanol 3mg/100ml of anhydrous etanol

Inorganic Contaminants:
Contaminant amount permited
Copper (Cu) under 5mg/L of final productl
Lead (Pb) under 200µg/L of final product
Arsenic (As) under 100µg/L of final productl

Brazilian law on sugar cane spirits
- Cachaça is a distilate from sugar cane juice and is between 38 and 48 ABV, only made in Brasil, and has peculiar flavors (amount and kind of congeners). You can add until 6g/L of sugar, if you put more than this, it's just labeled as sweetened cachaça, the maximum sugar amount is 30g/L.
- Rum is a distilate from molasses or a mix of molasses and sugar cane juice, with an ABV between 35 and 54%. Also, to be called Rum here, it demands to be aged in oak barrels or similar.
- Aguardente de Cana is anything made out of cane, again 38 until 54 ABV, but does not have a cachaça flavor, it could be a vodka for instance.
-Rapadura (panela)/Melado (condensed sugar cane juice)/Melaço (Molasses) spirits is the same as above, but has congeners from sugar source.
-About ageing
To be called aged cachaça, at least 50% of the volume should be 2 years old. and you can age it in anything, even glass, stainless steel or paraffin coated vessel, the ruler is your taste, but it need to remain a cachaça (again, amount and kind of congeners).

Consuming
Cachaça can be drank direct out of the still, or can be aged, generally 6 months is enough to deal with the bite of a new make spirit, but the more the better
in Brasil is very comon to fill (overflowing) a shot glass and drink it just by sipping, sometimes with a beer in other glass to wash the palate. Some just prefer to drink as a shot.
I know outside Brasil cachaça is more known in caipirinha, but there's also rabo de galo (literally cock tail) wich is the second most popular brazilian cocktail, you should try.

Market
Although Minas Gerais(MG) state is known as the main cachaça producer it's actually only the state that has more registered producers, more than 40% of all cachaça distilleries are settled in MG. São Paulo, Pernambuco and Paraná states are the main column still (continuos distillation) cachaça producers and the main exporters, 70% of cachaça is made using a continuos still, and the 30% remaining are batch distilled.
So the average brazilian consumes around 6,9L/year and cachaça represents 86% of market share of distilled spirits in Brasil.
Nowadays there is more than 40k distilleries, but less than 1k are registered
Cachaça is the 3th most drank spirit worldwide but less than 1% is exported, most of it goes to Paraguay, than Germany, and USA in third, according to this:
Last edited by JesseMarques on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:45 am, edited 10 times in total.
seabass
Rumrunner

Re: [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]-Cachaça 101

Post by seabass »

Good info. Thanks for the write up. I wish I could find sugar cane in the northern us.
Corsaire
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Corsaire »

Very nice write up.
Problem is most of us don't have access to fresh pressed sugarcane juice...
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

JesseMarques wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:54 am It generally is single distilled in pot stills, no striping runs, only spirit run. (again due to harvest season is easier to distill only once)
That sounds pretty rough and I don't know that it would suit my palate. I've never tasted a true Cachaça from Brazil, but I have made a version using my own sugar cane and I wouldn't consider trying to steal a heart cut from the first run for my drinks cabinet.

If you used a Charentaise style pot still with a preheater, it's faster and more energy efficient to distil twice and you can produce a more refined and flavoursome product, plus get a higher yield, (I did that today with another product and I have done that with my sugar cane in the past.)
SaltyStaves
Distiller

Post by SaltyStaves »

JesseMarques wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:54 am
Contaminants
Organic Contaminants:
Etyl carbamate under 150µg/L of final product
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/jib.48
Brazilian law established an upper limit of 150 µg L−1 ethyl carbamate in sugar cane spirits 6, which came into force in July 2012 7. Concentrations of this contaminant above the aforementioned limit constitute a public health problem, hindering exports of this beverage.
Many cachaças and sugar cane spirits produced in Brazil present higher ethyl carbamate content than the upper permitted limit of 150 µg L−1
In sugar cane spirit, double distillation decreased ethyl carbamate content by 97% 18. A mean concentration of 317 µg L−1 ethyl carbamate was detected in 13 samples of commercial cachaça, and the samples presenting the lowest content of this compound (38–48 µg L−1) were double distilled 19. Also, redistillation reduced the ethyl carbamate content by up to 92.5% in 15 samples of commercial cachaça
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Post by JesseMarques »

NZChris wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:36 am
JesseMarques wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:54 am It generally is single distilled in pot stills, no striping runs, only spirit run. (again due to harvest season is easier to distill only once)
That sounds pretty rough and I don't know that it would suit my palate. I've never tasted a true Cachaça from Brazil, but I have made a version using my own sugar cane and I wouldn't consider trying to steal a heart cut from the first run for my drinks cabinet.

If you used a Charentaise style pot still with a preheater, it's faster and more energy efficient to distil twice and you can produce a more refined and flavoursome product, plus get a higher yield, (I did that today with another product and I have done that with my sugar cane in the past.)
You totally can redistill it, but your distillate should not be stronger than 70%, it will depend on your still and as SaltyStaves pointed, redistilling will reduce contaminants. Wich gave me some ideas to improve this post... there's an university here with a center of research on cachaça, gonna translate some data.

Cachaça is a very rudimentary beverage, those parameters just exists to allow Brasil exporting it, or most of the countries would not allow it to enter it's border.
8Ball
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 8Ball »

According to one source (link below), less than 1% of cachaca is exported from Brasil, and most of it winds up in Germany.
http://rumproject.com/rumforum/viewtopic.php?t=102

I’ve tried a Panamanian rum named Grander, and it is a good sipper.

🎱
🎱 The struggle is real and this rabbit hole just got interesting.
Per a conversation I had with Mr. Jay Gibbs regarding white oak barrel staves: “…you gotta get it burning good.”
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Post by JesseMarques »

8Ball wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:12 am According to one source (link below), less than 1% of cachaca is exported from Brasil, and most of it winds up in Germany.

I’ve tried a Panamanian rum named Grander, and it is a good sipper.

🎱
True! I was washing dishes and thinking about info to put here, indeed most of cachaça is consumed here in Brasil, then Paraguay and in third comes Germany.. i'll find updated data

Homemade spirits are legal in Brasil, but the producer can only sell it direct to the consumer at the distillery/home or in bulk amouts to a bigger distillery to make blends. The brand "51" goes with a water pipe truck through the country areas buying cachaça from small producers then blend it with their distillate.
Corsaire
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Corsaire »

Grander is made from molasses on a multicolumn setup. It's completely different from cachaca.

Rhum agricole is similar to cachaca. St James and Rhum Clement are big names, there's plenty of others. Try a white one, it'll be different from any rum you've ever had.

In Martinique they use continuous single column stills, known as Creole stills or Creole columns.
Since you can't store fresh cut cane you have to ferment and distill quickly after harvest.
The single column means relatively few plates, so more flavor is retained. I know a couple of Brazilians and have tasted several different pingas.
My favorites are aged on Brazilian wood (not sure of the species, I can't ever remember it)

The 51 and pitu are the most common commercial ones here, but frankly they're crap.
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Post by JesseMarques »

Corsaire wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:16 am Grander is made from molasses on a multicolumn setup. It's completely different from cachaca.

Rhum agricole is similar to cachaca. St James and Rhum Clement are big names, there's plenty of others. Try a white one, it'll be different from any rum you've ever had.

In Martinique they use continuous single column stills, known as Creole stills or Creole columns.
Since you can't store fresh cut cane you have to ferment and distill quickly after harvest.
The single column means relatively few plates, so more flavor is retained. I know a couple of Brazilians and have tasted several different pingas.
My favorites are aged on Brazilian wood (not sure of the species, I can't ever remember it)

The 51 and pitu are the most common commercial ones here, but frankly they're crap.
Well, I've never tasted any rhum from Martinique, don't even know any brand available here.
Both 51 and Pitú are continuous column distilled, totally crap..

Do you guys think it's interesting to show woods information (I could try to put some info on the aroma/flavor and color they give)? Because we use a lot of native species since oak just grow in the the south region, and most oak used are french or american
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

8Ball wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:12 am According to one source (link below), less than 1% of cachaca is exported from Brasil, and most of it winds up in Germany.
Just because it goes to Germany, doesn't mean it's drunk in Germany. It may be going to a large rum blending company that produces rums for many sellers.
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

JesseMarques wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:32 am You totally can redistill it, but your distillate should not be stronger than 70%, it will depend on your still and as SaltyStaves pointed, redistilling will reduce contaminants.
You can influence the abv of your final heart cut by how low you strip your low wines. If you have a very tall riser, you may have to strip to a lower abv than if you have a short riser to get the same abv in the final heart cut.

If I use low wines of around 27% for the spirit run, my heart cut is always below 70%. Your experience may be different depending on the design of your still head.
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Post by JesseMarques »

NZChris wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:28 pm
JesseMarques wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:32 am You totally can redistill it, but your distillate should not be stronger than 70%, it will depend on your still and as SaltyStaves pointed, redistilling will reduce contaminants.
You can influence the abv of your final heart cut by how low you strip your low wines. If you have a very tall riser, you may have to strip to a lower abv than if you have a short riser to get the same abv in the final heart cut.

If I use low wines of around 27% for the spirit run, my heart cut is always below 70%. Your experience may be different depending on the design of your still head.
You can start collecting your hearts higher than 70%, but in final distillate it should be under this ABV (distillate, not final product)
In my still if I start with 7% wine it starts dripping the head cut with 72% (foreshots excluded) on the first run, so my hearts also begin below 70%.. It's a pot still but the height of the column gives me around 4 theoretical plates of separation
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

JesseMarques wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:32 am Cachaça is a very rudimentary beverage, those parameters just exists to allow Brasil exporting it, or most of the countries would not allow it to enter it's border.
Thanks, Jesse. The first time I tried the barrel-aged Novo Fogo cachaca I found it rather rough and unrefined. After several different cocktails made with it, I have grown to like it a lot, and now enjoy sipping it neat. The Novo Fogo website mentions that it is aged in American 53-gal ex-bourbon barrels that have been sanded down and re-toasted. I find the bourboney-oak flavors quite noticeable and enjoyable. I would love to make a spirit like this.
Not so with the Cana Boa, which I would agree is, well, rudimentary.
IMG_2856.JPG
Last edited by Twisted Brick on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
GreenEnvy22
Swill Maker

Post by GreenEnvy22 »

Nice post! My wife is Paraguayan, and loves cachaca. Here we can only get Pitu brand usually.
I may have to try to source some canes or juice from somewhere to give this a try.
---
I have a 50L pot still with dual Liebig condenser.
I typically make Whisky, grappa, and brandy.
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

I'm sure the commercial qualities will be related to greed, as in other spirits. E.g. Getting excessive bagasse flavour by greedy crushing methods and greedy heads and tails cuts from poor pot and plater stilling methods could make for some pretty rough product. As home distillers, we can aim for better. If you can get nice pressed juice, you should be able to make nice product right from the first spirit run.
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Post by JesseMarques »

NZChris wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:06 pm I'm sure the commercial qualities will be related to greed, as in other spirits. E.g. Getting excessive bagasse flavour by greedy crushing methods and greedy heads and tails cuts from poor pot and plater stilling methods could make for some pretty rough product. As home distillers, we can aim for better. If you can get nice pressed juice, you should be able to make nice product right from the first spirit run.
Indeed!
Actually when I want to make cachaça I got to source sugar canes and bring it home to press it here (I have a small press).
There's some distilleries that pulverizes all sugar cane, without removing leaves, they get more alcohol, but the flavor is affected, the same with the cuts, there're companies that just don't make cuts at all
8Ball
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 8Ball »

NZChris wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:12 pm
Just because it goes to Germany, doesn't mean it's drunk in Germany. It may be going to a large rum blending company that produces rums for many sellers.
Interesting.

🎱
🎱 The struggle is real and this rabbit hole just got interesting.
Per a conversation I had with Mr. Jay Gibbs regarding white oak barrel staves: “…you gotta get it burning good.”
WithOrWithoutU2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WithOrWithoutU2 »

JesseM,

I have very limited experience with Cachaca, but have enjoyed it when I did. It has always been white and mixed with lime juice, sugar and mint.

Do you have some recommendations of brands that are exported to US that I should try to track down?
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

JesseMarques wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:40 pm It's a pot still but the height of the column gives me around 4 theoretical plates of separation
Can you elaborate .
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

If one were able to procure some fresh local cane juice in season would a nutrient schedule and standard pH control protocols be recommended? Six or seven buckets might be just right’ish for a 15 gallon still run. What kind of SG range might be typical?

Cheers,
jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Post by JesseMarques »

WithOrWithoutU2 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:53 pm JesseM,

I have very limited experience with Cachaca, but have enjoyed it when I did. It has always been white and mixed with lime juice, sugar and mint.

Do you have some recommendations of brands that are exported to US that I should try to track down?
It's hard to point where to go, but I can tell to avoid Pitú, 51, velho barreiro.. some distilleries are built to export only so most of cachaças available in US aren't available for me, also here exists 40:1 ratio of home distillers to registered distilleries wich makes it very regional
Yummyrum wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:13 pm
JesseMarques wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:40 pm It's a pot still but the height of the column gives me around 4 theoretical plates of separation
Can you elaborate .
Although it's a pot still the head is high so when I put a wine/wash with around 7 ABV the first drops are around 73 ABV. Wich would give me around 3 (just checked on the phase diagram) theoretial plates. Right? :econfused:
jonnys_spirit wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:30 pm If one were able to procure some fresh local cane juice in season would a nutrient schedule and standard pH control protocols be recommended? Six or seven buckets might be just right’ish for a 15 gallon still run. What kind of SG range might be typical?

Cheers,
jonny
Nutrients wouldn't be necessary, it has everything yeasts needs. pH control generally is squeezing some limes. Try to use some neutral and fast yeast, even bakers yeast is used sometimes
Generally it's aimed to 1.060 OG and always below 1,000 to FG there's no unfermentables
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

JesseMarques wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:59 am
Yummyrum wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:13 pm
Can you elaborate .
Although it's a pot still the head is high so when I put a wine/wash with around 7 ABV the first drops are around 73 ABV. Wich would give me around 3 (just checked on the phase diagram) theoretial plates. Right? :econfused:
You can’t compare them like that . Even though your pot still might have a relatively high initial ABV , it will drop throughout the run whereas a Plated still ( or other reflux still with same effective HETP) will maintain the high AVB throughout most of the run .

The Combined average output of a Pot still will be significantly lower than the combined average output from a plated still.

It is not uncommon to see a high initial AVB from a tall cold Pot still but the AVB very quickly drops as the copper heats up .

Sorry about the off topic , good read otherwise .
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Post by JesseMarques »

Yummyrum wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:18 pm You can’t compare them like that . Even though your pot still might have a relatively high initial ABV , it will drop throughout the run whereas a Plated still ( or other reflux still with same effective HETP) will maintain the high AVB throughout most of the run .

The Combined average output of a Pot still will be significantly lower than the combined average output from a plated still.

It is not uncommon to see a high initial AVB from a tall cold Pot still but the AVB very quickly drops as the copper heats up .

Sorry about the off topic , good read otherwise .
no problem with the off topic
I know that the product overall would be different. But yes, you are right, I just aplied the amount of vaporization/condensation equilibriums inside my column (according to phase diagram) because I remembered that stuff of HETP from university classes (I'm chemist, shame on me)
SaltyStaves
Distiller

Post by SaltyStaves »

JesseMarques wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:00 pm I just aplied the amount of vaporization/condensation equilibriums inside my column
Because you have a pot still, the word 'Column' does not apply. What you have is a riser.

If it is straight and does not promote a disruption to laminar flow, then very little rectification (passive reflux) will occur and much of the vapour could be travelling through your still without any contact with the sidewalls of the riser. The height would make no difference (other than to require more energy to travel the distance).
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Post by JesseMarques »

SaltyStaves wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:30 pm
JesseMarques wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:00 pm I just aplied the amount of vaporization/condensation equilibriums inside my column
Because you have a pot still, the word 'Column' does not apply. What you have is a riser.

If it is straight and does not promote a disruption to laminar flow, then very little rectification (passive reflux) will occur and much of the vapour could be travelling through your still without any contact with the sidewalls of the riser. The height would make no difference (other than to require more energy to travel the distance).
Riser! I didn't know that.
Yeah most of vapor doesn't touch riser walls. But sure there is difference, as you said is required more energy to travel the distance, thus more saparation occurs when comparing with a pot still with small riser. Even without touching the wall some vapors would go back to liquid (equilibrium) because of loss of energy to rise the riser.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

What’s the size if the riser, boiler, and amount of power you’re talking about?

Cheers!
-jonny
————
————
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Post by JesseMarques »

jonnys_spirit wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:47 pm What’s the size if the riser, boiler, and amount of power you’re talking about?

Cheers!
-jonny
42 feet tall, 3,5 inches large riser with 33 gal boiler. I use mostly wood fire, but sometimes I use gas.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Nice Riser you’ve got there! That height is significant. Got any pics?

Thanks,
Jonny
————
————
JesseMarques
Bootlegger

Post by JesseMarques »

jonnys_spirit wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:24 am Nice Riser you’ve got there! That height is significant. Got any pics?

Thanks,
Jonny
Was a little messy around, but I promise you it's already clean