strawberry panty-dropper

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

pothead
Rumrunner

strawberry panty-dropper

Post by pothead »

1-2qts frozen strawberries
white granulated sugar
bottle of clear brandy or vodka
lemon juice

Put frozen strawberries in a large mason jar. Fill the jar. Fill the jar the rest of the way up to the top with 120-150proof clear brandy. Set jar on a window sill for about a week(shaking it a couple times a day). Strain out liquid into another jar or bottle. Add enough sugar to the strawberries to completely cover them. Let the jar sit on the window sill (giving it a shake now and then)until most of the sugar appears to be gone, and there is alot of syrup in the jar. Pour the syrup into a seperate jar and add more sugar to the strawberries. Repeat this step until there is no more juices being released from the berries. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the alcohol, then add the strawberry syrup until the desired taste is reached, water to 80 proof and strain until no strawberry particles are seen. The lemon juice will help preserve the red color, and the flavor of the strawberries. Without the lemon juice, the finished product will have a chalky aftertaste (quite unpleasent). Any leftover syrup and/or berries is Excelent on ice cream and/or cheesecake.

VARIATION- use blueberries.

This is a good drink to put in a blender with ice. Tastes like a strawberry smoothie. A refreshing drink for a hot summer day after mowing the lawn (in moderation..lol) Also good on the rocks.

-Pothead-
"Be nice to America, or we'll bring democracy to your country."
"The best things in life aren't things."

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge"-Albert Einstein
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Grayson wasnt this one of your recipes?Guess its one of the great thing about this hobby use a recipe a few tmes and make it your own or your familys or your ancesters. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
KatoFong
Swill Maker

Post by KatoFong »

I can't believe I missed this recipe. Are its panty-dropping properties scientifically tested and proven?
Grayson_Stewart
retired

Post by Grayson_Stewart »

Repeatedly....through multiple independent studies. :D
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
pothead
Rumrunner

Post by pothead »

tater wrote:Grayson wasnt this one of your recipes?Guess its one of the great thing about this hobby use a recipe a few tmes and make it your own or your familys or your ancesters. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is one of the first syrup spirits I ever made, I just went by the "tater syrup method" and found that with the strawberries, It tasted a little chalky, and needed something extra, so then I added some lemon juice, and I got lucky enough to find out, that the lemon juice was exactly what it needed. I posted it in the wiki quite a while ago.

Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Well I stand corrected Pot head I was thinking Grayson was the one who gave that recipe out in the group chat that night.
Dr. Lector
Novice

Post by Dr. Lector »

Just finished up some of this with red rashberries. Did not take long for the berries to give up their juice. Worked out very well , thanks for the recipe!
To each his own
Grayson_Stewart
retired

I think the chalkiness is something I described over on one of the yahoo groups years ago when I stupidly added confectioner's sugar rather than regular sugar. Confectioner's sugar has corn starch in it according to Harry, and that was the problem, had to wait on it to settle out. I've never experienced a chalkiness otherwise.

I do however suggest adding a small bit of citric acid when disolving the sugar rather than lemon juice, this will keep the berries a bright red rather than the duller color they turn too after sitting in alcohol for a bit. Plus the citric acid acts just like when converting sugar for a ferment (sucrose/glucose), it allows the sugar to thicken and sweeten, yet not create an overpowering sweetness that gags a person.

Nobody wants a gag reflux in panty slidin juice.
:D
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
pothead
Rumrunner

Post by pothead »

Grayson_Stewart wrote:I think the chalkiness is something I described over on one of the yahoo groups years ago when I stupidly added confectioner's sugar rather than regular sugar. Confectioner's sugar has corn starch in it according to Harry, and that was the problem, had to wait on it to settle out. I've never experienced a chalkiness otherwise.

I do however suggest adding a small bit of citric acid when disolving the sugar rather than lemon juice, this will keep the berries a bright red rather than the duller color they turn too after sitting in alcohol for a bit. Plus the citric acid acts just like when converting sugar for a ferment (sucrose/glucose), it allows the sugar to thicken and sweeten, yet not create an overpowering sweetness that gags a person.

Nobody wants a gag reflux in panty slidin juice.
:D
That is exactly what I found that lemon juice does. It helps the flavor and color. I usually have lemon juice around the house, it isn't that often that I get any citric acid. Either way it does the same thing.

possum
Distiller

Post by possum »

I've made this with black raspberrys, and red raspberrys, and I think I like the red best. The red raspberrys (actually wild berrys,called wineberrys) produce a more tart cordial. The wineberrys form a looser cluster than raspberrys, and look like red fish roe....I've nicknamed them appalacian caviar.

Anyway, the red wineberry recipee makes a nice drink when mixed with tonic water , sometimes with sweetened lime juice. It is not a strong drink, but it is a very refreshing beverage.

Cheers.
possum
Hey guys!!! Watch this.... OUCH!
michaelb
Novice

Post by michaelb »

Im tryin this recipe right now with strawberries and it is sure refreshing
pothead
Rumrunner

Post by pothead »

Glad ya like it. I like it on a hot summer day. I will be making some sometime soon.

TRANSPLANTED HILLBILLY
Rumrunner

Post by TRANSPLANTED HILLBILLY »

Ned Beatty didn't drink this stuff on Deliverance did he? :shock: :lol:

I'm workin on some pear flavor right now. I know pears aint got that much sugar but I wasn't about to pay $4.99 for five oz. of black or raspberries. The strawberries weren't a bad price but looked like crap.

The shine the pears soaked in for 2 weeks has a pretty good flavor already.
If it was easy everybody would do it.

Please join the Partnership For an Idiot Free World.
Stangas

Post by Stangas »

hey sounds great..

i have a mulburry bush out the back yard.. cant wait for it to fruit again.. will be collecting em this year.. just been leaving em to the birds of late...
TRANSPLANTED HILLBILLY
Rumrunner

when soaking the fruit for the panty dropper does anyone have an opinion on the sugar type, beet vs cane. The reason I ask is that my pears did not turn my sugar(of unknown type, just says Safeway, contents sugar) completely into a liquid/syrup. I even put it on a heater in my garage to excite it.
Tastes OK, just not the results I had experienced from cane sugar. :?

nanosleep
Bootlegger

Post by nanosleep »

A friend calls my 190 proof "Liquid panty remover"
michaelb
Novice

Post by michaelb »

Or liquid paint remover
"Don't let Fear or Common Cents stand in your way"
pothead
Rumrunner

Post by pothead »

How ripe were your pears?
Were they frozen when you added the sugar?
Did you cut them up?

TRANSPLANTED HILLBILLY
Rumrunner

pothead wrote:How ripe were your pears?
Were they frozen when you added the sugar?
Did you cut them up?
they were soft when i froze them. then soaked them for 2 weeks, then added the sugar. did not cut them up.

Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

I soak pears around 4 to 6 months in the likker then remove fruit add the sugar and let sit another few months pouring off syurp and adding back sugar till fruit shrivels up.frosen or not fruit seems to take about same amount of time to do right.
PUGIDOGS
Swill Maker

Post by PUGIDOGS »

Here she is, the first gallon of strawberry PD. Just waiting for the last round of syrup, then I can see if it holds up to its name :D ..Pugi
wineo
Distiller

Post by wineo »

I made almost the same thing in quart jars.1 lb of frozen strawberrys,1 cup of sugar,and filled up the jars with 80 proof.I did the same thing with blackberrys,and did apples too.I didnt use any acid or lemon juice.After 2 weeks it was great.And those strawberrys are good eating,after soaking.
wineo
hornedrhodent
Rumrunner

Post by hornedrhodent »

I'd love to find someone whose panties would drop for me without the aid of ethanol!
aj
Novice
Location: A merry land, far afield of the land of tundra and moose wherein I cut my teeth and my still.

Post by aj »

Grayson_Stewart wrote:I do however suggest adding a small bit of citric acid when disolving the sugar rather than lemon juice, this will keep the berries a bright red rather than the duller color they turn too after sitting in alcohol for a bit. Plus the citric acid acts just like when converting sugar for a ferment (sucrose/glucose), it allows the sugar to thicken and sweeten, yet not create an overpowering sweetness that gags a person.
About how much citric acid would you add to this and when? When you're making the syrup or when you're mixing the final result?
"I would like to observe the vermouth from across the room while I drink my martini." -- Winston Churchill
madscientist
Novice

variation

Post by madscientist »

I hate to admit it but I made some peach mango last fall that was delicious.
i also just made my first batch of the year of the ole strawberry and man it is good!
hornedrhodent
Rumrunner

Post by hornedrhodent »

The liquor is just the assistant - who actually removes the panties - you or her?

Is either scenario ethical?
PUGIDOGS
Swill Maker

Post by PUGIDOGS »

hornedrhodent wrote:The liquor is just the assistant - who actually removes the panties - you or her?

Is either scenario ethical?
Crap I did not know there were ethics involved. I just figgured if it works, do it.....KISS method

I just started a Rhubarb scnapps. If it is not good I will make rhubarb liqueur, if it is not good I will make vodka out of it. I am not throwing good ETOH away....Pugi
Grayson_Stewart
retired

aj wrote: About how much citric acid would you add to this and when? When you're making the syrup or when you're mixing the final result?
I was using citric acid a buddy gave me....dried crystals in a foil pouch. I don't know the concentration of the granules, but he used it to disinfect water lines in chicken houses.

I only use three (3) finger-thumb pinches per quart jar...it also helps to keep the fruit from browning when you make the low alcohol version for the sissy women.
Grayson_Stewart
retired

hornedrhodent wrote: Is either scenario ethical?
All's fair in love and war. So I been tole.
thirsty
Novice

strawberry panty-dropper

Post by thirsty »

I've made a million of these infusions, and the best, most interesting one I made was with fresh horseradish, fresh jalepeno, and garlic. It was delicious and herby. Makes an incredible bloody mary.