strawberry panty-dropper

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

bronzdragon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bronzdragon »

This is a great discussion. What more could you ask for? Fruit, likker and someone's panties to remove?

Anyway, my contribution to this discussion is the fact powdered sugar does contain cornstarch. It keeps the sugar from getting packed down in shipping. Another interesting thing is that it contains more cornstarch during the summer months due to humidity.

I used hundreds of pounds of this stuff a week, I can't get it off my shoes ... but my dog loves the treat.

I wouldn't used powdered sugar in any finished product that hadn't been fermented yet. I'm assuming the cornstarch and sugar could be fermented out, but have never tried it.

cheers
~r~
swornallegiance
Novice

Post by swornallegiance »

Thank you for this one!!! I took a jar to a local get together for my own personal enjoyment. I made the mistake of allowing a young lady to take a sip and that was about the last I seen of it. My shine has been a local favorite with the boys for some time now the ladies are hounding me.
mrotch
Novice

Post by mrotch »

I've been making a similar liquor for years to give away at Christmas in gift baskets. I fill up a mason jar about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way with sugar cubes, fill the jar with fruit and add enough shine to fill the jar. The cubes disolve fairly quickly.

It's been a tradition to make up the jars on the day after Thanksgiving so they can be ready as Christmas gifts. After making them, they get turned over and shaken once a day to help get the sugar to disolve.

The most requested flavors I make are Apples/Cinnamon, Peach and Pair.

I use tart apples and dredge them in cinnamon - it takes a while to settle out but is by far the favorite of all my friends. I have had luck with a combo of apples and cranberry (without cinnamon) and blueberry.
Johnny Reb
Bootlegger
Location: Flaxas (Somewhere between South East Florida and North West Texas)

Post by Johnny Reb »

Grayson_Stewart wrote:Repeatedly....through multiple independent studies. :D
Did it happen prior to drinking or afterwards.... 8)

I will have to ask my next date to wear panties first and then I will be able to find out the truth :lol:

BTW I am doing 3 Mason Jars of 1 Quart Each 70% ABV at this time :) http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc16 ... 7_1734.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Johnny Reb
Southern Cookin, Southern Bell, Southern Whiskey... Damn, I cant figure out the right order.....

Save the Confederate Dollars, The south is beginning to rise again.....
byacey
Novice

Re: strawberry panty-dropper

Post by byacey »

thirsty wrote:I've made a million of these infusions, and the best, most interesting one I made was with fresh horseradish, fresh jalepeno, and garlic. It was delicious and herby. Makes an incredible bloody mary.
This is "Ukrainian Panty Remover" or UPR for shorts.
cyklone
Novice

Post by cyklone »

Thanks for this recipe. I just finished making it and I agree, it definitely qualifies as "ye olde leg opener".
allen42
Bootlegger

Post by allen42 »

just started a strawberry pantydropper tonight, I have 2 quarts or strawberrys soaking for thier 1st week, then I will make the strawberry suryp & dilute to around ant Wait 80 proof , hope its ready by XMAS !! Cant wait !!
AfricaUnite
Swill Maker

Post by AfricaUnite »

Finally got around to making this, made a raspberry and blueberry. The blueberry really dosent have a whole lot of flavour (used frozen fruit for both) but the raspberry flavour really comes through and its a nice drink.

I am looking for a woman with a morally casual attitude to test its panty dropping ability.
pothead
Rumrunner

Post by pothead »

AfricaUnite wrote:Finally got around to making this, made a raspberry and blueberry. The blueberry really dosent have a whole lot of flavour (used frozen fruit for both) but the raspberry flavour really comes through and its a nice drink.

I am looking for a woman with a morally casual attitude to test its panty dropping ability.
My blueberry is one of the family favorites.
Just use more blueberries next time.
"Be nice to America, or we'll bring democracy to your country."
"The best things in life aren't things."

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge"-Albert Einstein
CoopsOz
Distiller

Post by CoopsOz »

Just finished my first batch of the panty dropper recipe. I gave the missus some and she prefers UJSM, dunno what I'm gonna do with near on 3L of the stuff? I probably should have polished the fingerprints of the bottles prior to taking a picture, but anyway.

It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856
allen42
Bootlegger

Post by allen42 »

I started my batch of Strawberry , its now finished and its GREAT !!I shared ith with my Family & My Wifes Family & everybody wanted some more . I Will make more !!
Safegyde
Novice

Post by Safegyde »

Has anyone ever tried this with bananas? Or cherries? I bet the mixture would be quite nice.

I like panties. :P
Shine on you crazy diamonds!!
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

dropped panties are even more likable :)
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

Who cares about the panties? :wink:
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
Safegyde
Novice

Post by Safegyde »

A good pair of panties is like an expensive reflux still.....takes some time and experience to get it to work just right, but the finished product is worth the effort!! :lol: :lol:
Shine on you crazy diamonds!!
mikeac
Swill Maker

Post by mikeac »

I was(am) following this recipe, but using pitted cherries in place of strawberries. I am aging in mason jars with the rings and lids. I was shaking it daily an taking the lid of to air it out a bit, and noticed that under the ring the liquid was going black..Anyone ever notice this? It has happened with my pickled garlic before too, but I ignored it then...
Rings look brass, came with the jars when I bought them...Is there a treatment I should do to them before using them? I traded them for a piece of Al foil and an elastic band, but the lids are more convenient...
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Id use a different container
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
mikeac
Swill Maker

Post by mikeac »

I wanted to do the same thing with apricots next, and will need the wide opening of a mason jar to get them in. Otherwise I'd use my half gallon jugs with corks. I've heard to not cut up the pieces of fruit too small otherwise they release a lot more floaties...
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

bands

Post by Dnderhead »

I'm thanking those bands are anodized steal
but they should not come in contact with food
DestructoMutt
Swill Maker

Post by DestructoMutt »

mikeac - are you spilling liquid on the threads of the jars? is that where the black stuff is? if so...clean the threads before reinstalling the lid.

is the black stuff on the rim of the jar and under the lid? again, clean off the rim of the jar and the lid before putting the lid back on.
mikeac
Swill Maker

Post by mikeac »

Yes the black stuff was between the threads and the rim. I was shaking it daily....hourly...and that's how it got there. I was cleaning it off but it was there every other day.

Since people told me to use a different vessel, and I didn't want to I folded a piece of Al foil in half and used it as a lid with an elastic and holding it on till i could find something else I liked. The I grew brains and just screwed the rim over the Al foil. The foil covers the threads and gets a better seal then the mason jars. I can also now save my canning lids for canning...Problem solved!
As-Ol-Joe
Swill Maker

Post by As-Ol-Joe »

IT'S TRUE, IT REALLY WORKS.

Just finished up my first batch of strawberry panty dropper last night. Took 2 sip and BAM my pant were on the floor. :roll: The wife enjoyed it to. :wink:

Started a new batch today.
You WILL get addicted to this forum.

The Parent site is REQUIRED READING!!!
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

Did you make a mistake? and do the recipe backwards? :roll:
Pikluk
Swill Maker

Post by Pikluk »

i used two handful of frozen strawberry and covered it with about 400-500ml
of 95%.
in less then 24h they got white and floating the alcohol is ruby red.
anyone tried using 95% for soaking?
should i remove the ethanol now and start making the syrup?
or it was a bad idea and should trash it all?

white strawberry's looks really creepy...

picture gave them i little more red then they actually have.
new_moonshiner
Trainee

Post by new_moonshiner »

its normal for them to turn white .. whats the idea behind using 95 ? most use around 60...I have never used anything that high abv for soaking always 55-60 . and thats considered high to some around here .. this is from the parent site .
Macerating Fruit
(Note that Macerating is the same as steeping. Apparently macerating refers to cold steeping and infusing to hot steeping.)

Fruit liqueurs are quite straight-forward; simply soak your favourite fruit in your strongest alcohol, with 1 cup of fine sugar to every 1 cup of fruit. Let it soak for a couple of months, then strain off the fruit, and dilute the alcohol down to 20-30%.

Wal elaborates on this technique...

Came across a method applicable for most fruit liqueurs that was observed in Poland:

Fruit Liqueur
o Place cleaned fruit in a large jar.
o Add alcohol (50%abv) to cover fruit.
o Seal and macerate for 10 days. The fruit soaks up the alcohol and releases some juice.
o First racking. Gently pour off liquid so as not to blemish fruit.
o Layer fruit in jar with sugar (cover most of fruit).
o Seal jar. The sugar makes the fruit release the alcohol and shrivel slightly. In a couple of days the level of juice in the jar should reach almost to the top of the fruit.
o Second racking. Pour off liquid.
o Layer fruit again with sugar
o Third racking. Pour off liquid.
o Repeat process until only a very small amount of juice is released.
Each racking is sweeter and sweeter. Blend the different rackings to get the desired strength and sweetness. The leftover makes a great syrup for ice-cream.

Another method used is to put the fruit in a large jar, add sugar and place it in a warm place to ferment naturally, using wild yeasts on the skins. The juice is released. Then alcohol is added to stop the fermentation. The alcohol content is usually 20%.

These are folk recipes that are based on experience rather than exactly measured amounts. You see large glass jars on window shelves everywhere. For those who like exact quantities here is a Cherry Liqueur or 'Liqueur de cerise' (French) or 'Cigliegiolo' (Italian)
o 1 kg dark cherries
o 1 litre vodka (50%abv)
o 350 g sugar
Crush the cherries and half of their pits (stones). Place in a large jar with a lid. Add alcohol, seal and leave to macerate for one month. Pour the cherry mixture in a muslin bag and squeeze out juice. Filter and add sugar. Bottle to age.
Pikluk
Swill Maker

Post by Pikluk »

whats the idea behind using 95 ?
pothead
Put frozen strawberries in a large mason jar. Fill the jar. Fill the jar the rest of the way up to the top with 120-150proof clear brandy.
i figure that was what he was getting from is still...
higher % faster results...
dint give that much thought except making a really small batch to learn and see if i like it.
wineo
Distiller

Post by wineo »

It taste better when you use lower proof.Just eat one of those strawberrys and you will see what I mean.I start mine with 80 proof,and use newmex strawberry nectar,and a jar full of strawberrys with brown sugar,or corn syrup.I like eating those strawberrys.I have a 1/2 gallon jar full of it now.Its a month or so old.
Pikluk
Swill Maker

Post by Pikluk »

thanks for the advise guys.
i started another jar with 45% this time guess ill see the difference.
Grimturtle
Novice

Post by Grimturtle »

I've been reading on tater's blueberrie thread that brandy and rum base spirits can give the liqueur a nicer taste. Anyone tried it with the strawberry panty-dropper? Makes sense to me but I've only ever tried blueberries.
The truest mark of greatness is insatiability
crawdad
Novice

Post by crawdad »

appreciate the info folks are posting, i started a batch of two jars strawberry and two jars mango nearly two weeks ago. all i had on shelf was 190 (comes off a shelf, near a cash register) so that is what i used. hope it goes well, been looking for something a bit more interesting than what i do now which is just mix it up with some fresh lemonade.