strawberry panty-dropper

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

JFlipz
Bootlegger
Location: East of the Mississippi - SOUTH of the Mason-Dixon!

Re: strawberry panty-dropper

Post by JFlipz »

:shh:

Ive also seen her first hand sip from a mason jar, sooooooo...........
Using Tapatalk
JFlipz
Bootlegger

Post by JFlipz »

Well three flavors are finished up and ready to go:

Left to right we have
Mixed Berry w/Pomegranate and Peach (approx 60 proof)

Tropical fruit blend (approx 80 proof)

Mixed Berry w/Pomegranate (approx 60 proof)

Peach still seems to be dissolving the last of its sugar and the mango/watermelon I'm gonna do an extra syrup run on just watermelon to try and carry over more flavor!
Attachments
image.jpg
Using Tapatalk
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Neighbors panties off yet? Keep us posted. Pictures always welcome lol.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
JFlipz
Bootlegger

Post by JFlipz »

Well, ya see Jim...

She's from Georgia originally - so I thought I'd wait for this!!!

PEACH is ready!!!
Attachments
image.jpg
Using Tapatalk
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Made a peach panty dropper and cut it down to 40 proof with sun tea. It is absolutely amazing.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
JFlipz
Bootlegger

Post by JFlipz »

Hmmmm- that's a heck of an idea Jed.... Especially with that jar of peach squeezins pictured above!
Shame it's already cut.... Guess I'll have to start some more!!!
Using Tapatalk
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Made it low octane cause its that flipping good.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
rollmeown
Bootlegger

Post by rollmeown »

I have started this 4 my first time and I was wondering is it is normal that the strawberries turn white in the alcohol? Do I add the lemon juice as soon as I pull off the alcohol? Otherwise strawberries in 120 proof alcohol is doing great can't wait to try this!
WindDawg
Novice

Post by WindDawg »

Oh it's great and one of the Favs around here! Now u only need to get the color actually because 120 will give it just a lil flavor until you make the syrup by putting the sugar over the strawberries, then add your syrup and keep the strawberries in a container in the freezer and use them for strawberries daiquiris and no need for alcohol :) Those strawberries soooooooak it up! Summer FUN!!!!!!!!!! add ur lemon or lime juice once u have it mixed.....It still don't keep long....I don't add mixtures until I wanna drink it.
“Need teaches a plan.”
Doogie
Trainee

Post by Doogie »

Since I am sick of making this in the winter after I have run out, I now have 40L of blueberry, 12L of strawberry, trying a few litres of cherry ... and woohoo sugar is on sale again!

All at 50% ABV - I hate trying to get to the toilet hammered ... be efficent
LTV - "keep in mind distilling is like masturbating. You do one wrong and you go blind."

Want to keep people from consulting idiots on youTube about distilling?? Don't be an idiot when someone asks for advice ... Help them
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

JFlipz aint posted here since June 1st. 2 days after finishing up that Peach Pantydropper for that Georgia Peach cute neighbor of his....

yoohoo you still with us flipz or did she wear you down and finish you off with a damn cardiac infarction?
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Might have expired from a fatal case of 'seenus' . Seed it to happen before . :moresarcasm:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
rollmeown
Bootlegger

Post by rollmeown »

One last question, really don't want to screw this up. Do I dilute my 120 proof down with the strawberry syrup or do I dilute with water then add syrup. Thanks approaching final stages of this. Getting excited!!!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I do my dilution with syrup using the dilution calcs on the Parent Site and my own tastes .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Due51
Swill Maker

Post by Due51 »

I refluxed 5 gallons of low wines which yielded multiple fifths of a neutral. I decided to try this recipe with some of the product since I had so much.

I used 2 bags of frozen strawberries covered with 130proof neutral in a quart sized mason jar.
Let it stand for a week. Strained into another jar. Covered berries with sugar and strained liquid into a 3rd jar.

Tonight I added some Spring Water (a cup, maybe) to the liquor along with some of the syrup (a cup), stirred, and tested but I'm getting 0% ABV on the hydrometer. :( Something is clearly not right. I know it was 130proof when I started and after a couple sips, I know it's got alcohol in it because I can feel it.

What the hell is going on?
Those who stay...
Tokoroa_Shiner
Distiller

Post by Tokoroa_Shiner »

Are you using a beer/wine hydrometer or a proof hydrometer?
Must read topics for new members

The Rules By Which We Live By
Safety And Related Issues
New Distillers Reading Lounge

Have Fun, Keep Safe and Shine On
Due51
Swill Maker

Post by Due51 »

Tokoroa_Shiner wrote:Are you using a beer/wine hydrometer or a proof hydrometer?
proof / tralle hydrometer
Those who stay...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Due51 wrote:I refluxed 5 gallons of low wines which yielded multiple fifths of a neutral. I decided to try this recipe with some of the product since I had so much.

I used 2 bags of frozen strawberries covered with 130proof neutral in a quart sized mason jar.
Let it stand for a week. Strained into another jar. Covered berries with sugar and strained liquid into a 3rd jar.

Tonight I added some Spring Water (a cup, maybe) to the liquor along with some of the syrup (a cup), stirred, and tested but I'm getting 0% ABV on the hydrometer. :( Something is clearly not right. I know it was 130proof when I started and after a couple sips, I know it's got alcohol in it because I can feel it.

Once you have sugar syrup in the mix you can only dilute by quantities . Dilute your syrup with spring water to the desired taste . Measure that quantity and add enough alcohol to get the proof you desire . Your hydrometer will not work once sugar is in the mix .
Tokoroa_Shiner
Distiller

Post by Tokoroa_Shiner »

Truckinbutch wrote:
Due51 wrote:I refluxed 5 gallons of low wines which yielded multiple fifths of a neutral. I decided to try this recipe with some of the product since I had so much.

Once you have sugar syrup in the mix you can only dilute by quantities . Dilute your syrup with spring water to the desired taste . Measure that quantity and add enough alcohol to get the proof you desire . Your hydrometer will not work once sugar is in the mix .
+1. That's what I was getting at. The sugar syrup will throw it off
Must read topics for new members

The Rules By Which We Live By
Safety And Related Issues
New Distillers Reading Lounge

Have Fun, Keep Safe and Shine On
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

Like TB said, no type of hydrometer works once you get all the sugar mixed in it. You just have to dilute it by volume. It's not very exact after straining off the berries. I always got a slight bitter taste from soaking longer than a couple of days. I also prefer to cut with strawberry syrup. Keeps the flavor more intense. Google how to make it, real simple.
LM Still Operating Instructions
Cranky's New Distiller's Advice
Using Google Search

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

A moderate rule of thumb for me using a very concentrated blackberry syrup is 10 oz syrup , 34 oz spring water , and add 39 oz of 73% sweet feed . I adjust the amount of likker depending on abv and taste .
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

I meant making syrup by boiling water, sugar, strawberries and a dash of lemon juice on the stove for a few minutes, strain and let cool. Delicious syrup. I guess using concentrate and water works too though.....
Using Google Search

Due51
Swill Maker

Post by Due51 »

Truckinbutch wrote: Once you have sugar syrup in the mix you can only dilute by quantities . Dilute your syrup with spring water to the desired taste . Measure that quantity and add enough alcohol to get the proof you desire . Your hydrometer will not work once sugar is in the mix .
Thank you for the info. I have already added some water and syrup to the hooch. I'm going to have to try and figure out how to get this cut to a suitable drinking ABV.
Those who stay...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Due51 wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote: Once you have sugar syrup in the mix you can only dilute by quantities . Dilute your syrup with spring water to the desired taste . Measure that quantity and add enough alcohol to get the proof you desire . Your hydrometer will not work once sugar is in the mix .
Thank you for the info. I have already added some water and syrup to the hooch. I'm going to have to try and figure out how to get this cut to a suitable drinking ABV.
Add water to a small sample . Taste . Flavor too weak : add a bit more syrup . It's a trial and error deal . That's why I do it the way I do .
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Hound Dog wrote:I meant making syrup by boiling water, sugar, strawberries and a dash of lemon juice on the stove for a few minutes, strain and let cool. Delicious syrup. I guess using concentrate and water works too though.....
Every berry I try works out fantastic using this method. Except strawberries....
I'm experiencing hell getting the strawberry syrup to clarify, or the final product for that matter. Most people wouldn't care, but it's apparently developed into an ocd thing for me.

At this point I'm thinking of making this without sugar and distilling it in a pot still.
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

I don't have any problems with it. Do you use lemon juice in each step? I use a tablespoon or so in every step of the way. I also filter things through cheese cloth double or tripled up. When I make the syrup to cut it, I have to filter it through the cheese cloth like four or five times to get the crud out before adding it in. Also, never ever squeeze the berries trying to get extra juice out! Just strain them and let it be. If you sqeeze them or boil them too long you get the crap out of the plant cells clouding things up, strawberries are pretty meaty. Mine comes out a nice ruby red clear liquor.
Using Google Search

bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Apparently I am cooking too long and wrongly mashing up the berries, making a somewhat bitter slurry. It won't even filter through a wire mesh basket. Not to mention the color is terrible.

Thanks Hound Dog :wave:
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Handle them berries like you want your wife to handle yours.
SoMo
Distiller

Post by SoMo »

Jimbo wrote:Handle them berries like you want your wife to handle yours.
That's a loaded statement, literally.
Led Zeppelin said squeeze the lemons till the juice runs down your leg.
Everything's better home made, everything!!
15.5 keg 7.75keg 2"pot still, Gold CM
Never look down on a man unless it's to help him up.
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

Jimbo wrote:Handle them berries like you want your wife to handle yours.
+1 :thumbup:
Using Google Search