strawberry panty-dropper

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hads
Novice

Re: strawberry panty-dropper

Post by Hads »

Jimbo wrote:Lamp asked for a spin on this PD label. Cant attach in messages so Im sticking it here.

Cheers.
pantydropperRsm2.JPG

how about a blueberry label to round out my batch :)
10Gallon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 10Gallon »

Just a note. This thread has had over 100,000 views!
When the check out ladies at both Sam's Club and Wall Mart ask "What church are you making fudge for this week?"
CuWhistle
Rumrunner

Post by CuWhistle »

It would be good to know how many of those visits ended up in a successful drop. (Not the drink drop but the other drop). Mine didn't work, but I'm quite / very glad of that, considering who got to drink it.

Still we can dream!!! "mmmmm Panties!!!"
pounsfos
Distiller

Post by pounsfos »

yup finished soaking 2 litres (2 quarts) in 4 punnetts of strawberriess

a week later it has came out beautifully
misses likes it, and it seems to be affecting the drop rate of her panties so it works :)

will be making more of this, and will probably make a writewup as well
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Hads wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Lamp asked for a spin on this PD label. Cant attach in messages so Im sticking it here.

Cheers.
The attachment pantydropperRsm2.JPG is no longer available

Here ya go....
PantyDropperBlueberry.jpg
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
n0s4j
Novice

Post by n0s4j »

i have try the raspberry panty dropper its was nice but i think its taste too much the raspberry i used 1 of gallon of a vodka thats i have add about 2 cup of raspberry and i have distill this give a good raspberry very light but clear flavor so i take about 1/2 gallon of 80%AVB and add the fruit and acid after coupe of day i take the fruit and make syrop 2 time after i full the gallon with little water... i dont know u drink it at about how much % my was about 40% its not a women drink ,its have a very strong raspberry taste can i add other vodka or other water?
after 2 week i found the stuff beter than when i finish too...
n0s4j
Novice

Post by n0s4j »

i think its better water down to 30% ?
Rod
Swill Maker

Post by Rod »

I made the recipe using mango fruit

then made a daiquiri

12 ice cubes in a blender

1 cheek of mango

blend

add

1 nip mango dropper

1 nip triple sec

1 nip advocaat

blend

the boss loved it
The Friendly Spirit
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

There is always that delicate blend to suit the tastes of those who are going to consume . I blend some to suit my wife and daughters and a separate bottle for Dad , sons in law and son . One size does not fit all .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Ghost
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Ghost »

Truckinbutch wrote:There is always that delicate blend to suit the tastes of those who are going to consume . I blend some to suit my wife and daughters and a separate bottle for Dad , sons in law and son . One size does not fit all .

I think panty sizes are best described as such as well
Forbidden in Heaven and Useless in Hell ....
Hads
Novice

Post by Hads »

Jimbo wrote:
Hads wrote:

Cheers.
pantydropperRsm2.JPG

Here ya go....
PantyDropperBlueberry.jpg

thanks buddy
BoisBlancBoy
Distiller

Post by BoisBlancBoy »

I have strained the booze from the strawberries and have a second dose of sugar on the berries. I put 100 proof brandy on the berries to start. My question is once I add the syrup is my alcoholmeter going to be accurate so I can dilute down to 80 proof?
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Nope. Gotta keep track of volume
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
BoisBlancBoy
Distiller

Post by BoisBlancBoy »

Jimbo wrote:Nope. Gotta keep track of volume

That still would end up giving you at least a ballpark figure correct? Not that I'm looking to hit exactly 80 proof.
Doogie
Trainee

Post by Doogie »

nope, it will probably tell you it is about 5 or 10 percent - use the calculator on the parent site to get your 50% to 40%
LTV - "keep in mind distilling is like masturbating. You do one wrong and you go blind."

Want to keep people from consulting idiots on youTube about distilling?? Don't be an idiot when someone asks for advice ... Help them
goldilow
Novice

Post by goldilow »

Jimbo. I see you have many versions of your labels. I was thinking about making a label once i perfect this recipe. But i figured hell, why make one when jimbo's done made some damn good one's..

On that note. Would you mind sharing your psd file, so it can be easily edited? Possibly even layer in the different images, for selection?
stony183
Novice

Post by stony183 »

pothead wrote:1-2qts frozen strawberries
white granulated sugar
bottle of clear brandy or vodka
lemon juice

Put frozen strawberries in a large mason jar. Fill the jar. Fill the jar the rest of the way up to the top with 120-150proof clear brandy. Set jar on a window sill for about a week(shaking it a couple times a day). Strain out liquid into another jar or bottle. Add enough sugar to the strawberries to completely cover them. Let the jar sit on the window sill (giving it a shake now and then)until most of the sugar appears to be gone, and there is alot of syrup in the jar. Pour the syrup into a seperate jar and add more sugar to the strawberries. Repeat this step until there is no more juices being released from the berries. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the alcohol, then add the strawberry syrup until the desired taste is reached, water to 80 proof and strain until no strawberry particles are seen. The lemon juice will help preserve the red color, and the flavor of the strawberries. Without the lemon juice, the finished product will have a chalky aftertaste (quite unpleasent). Any leftover syrup and/or berries is Excelent on ice cream and/or cheesecake.

VARIATION- use blueberries.

This is a good drink to put in a blender with ice. Tastes like a strawberry smoothie. A refreshing drink for a hot summer day after mowing the lawn (in moderation..lol) Also good on the rocks.

-Pothead-
Hey Pothead,

I was hoping to speed up this recipe so my question is, the strawberries that will soak in my vodka for week do I have to use those strawberries to make the syrup or can I just take more frozen strawberries from freezer and coat them with sugar for a week so that when the strawberries I have soaking will be ready the same time????
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

stony183 wrote:
pothead wrote:1-2qts frozen strawberries
white granulated sugar
bottle of clear brandy or vodka
lemon juice

Put frozen strawberries in a large mason jar. Fill the jar. Fill the jar the rest of the way up to the top with 120-150proof clear brandy. Set jar on a window sill for about a week(shaking it a couple times a day). Strain out liquid into another jar or bottle. Add enough sugar to the strawberries to completely cover them. Let the jar sit on the window sill (giving it a shake now and then)until most of the sugar appears to be gone, and there is alot of syrup in the jar. Pour the syrup into a seperate jar and add more sugar to the strawberries. Repeat this step until there is no more juices being released from the berries. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the alcohol, then add the strawberry syrup until the desired taste is reached, water to 80 proof and strain until no strawberry particles are seen. The lemon juice will help preserve the red color, and the flavor of the strawberries. Without the lemon juice, the finished product will have a chalky aftertaste (quite unpleasent). Any leftover syrup and/or berries is Excelent on ice cream and/or cheesecake.

VARIATION- use blueberries.

This is a good drink to put in a blender with ice. Tastes like a strawberry smoothie. A refreshing drink for a hot summer day after mowing the lawn (in moderation..lol) Also good on the rocks.

-Pothead-
Hey Pothead,

I was hoping to speed up this recipe so my question is, the strawberries that will soak in my vodka for week do I have to use those strawberries to make the syrup or can I just take more frozen strawberries from freezer and coat them with sugar for a week so that when the strawberries I have soaking will be ready the same time????
If you need to speed it up, just make a strawberry syrup using new frozen strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and water boiled down (just Google how to make strawberry syrup, it is easy). Add this to the alcohol drained off your initial berries to proof it down and roll with it. Do not try and boil the berries you have soaked as you will draw out the off flavors in them.
LM Still Operating Instructions
Cranky's New Distiller's Advice
Using Google Search

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic.
Howling Wolf
Novice

Post by Howling Wolf »

I've seen some posts on microwaving the berries to speed up the process, but I can't find exactly how it's done. Do you microwave the liquor with berries, seal off and let set till cool, then, take the berries, cover with sugar, nuke them and seal, let cool, pour off juice, do that 3times? Or am I missing something? Thought I saw where someone could make SPD in a day vs. weeks but didn't see the steps written out. First batch of shine and I would hate to ruin it.
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

Howling Wolf wrote:I've seen some posts on microwaving the berries to spieed up the process, but I can't find exactly how it's done. Do you microwave the liquor with berries, seal off and let set till cool, then, take the berries, cover with sugar, nuke them and seal, let cool, pour off juice, do that 3times? Or am I missing something? Thought I saw where someone could make SPD in a day vs. weeks but didn't see the steps written out. First batch of shine and I would hate to ruin it.
I just let mine soak for a day or two. If i let them soak longer it seems to draw out a bitter taste. I have heard of "fruit nuking" but have not tried it. I have always made my SPD in less than a week. I don't want to rush and ruin my shine.
Using Google Search

longhaul
Novice

Post by longhaul »

It's interesting, maybe alarming; if you look at the beginning of this thread about 6 years ago and then read these current posts. I blame it on smart phones and tablets. Maybe what these folks need to do is go to the public library and grab that old book with actual paper pages called a dictionary, it's organized alphabetically, go to the P's and find patience. You'll be able to make some better stuff.
John Paul Jones: "He who will not risk, cannot win."
jackfiasco
Bootlegger

Post by jackfiasco »

Just wanted to say I made a batch of this following the original recipe recently and it was pretty amazing. I started with neutral sugar wash at around 80% ABV and used fresh strawberries.

After pouring off the alcohol from the strawberries I filled each jar pretty full with sugar and once it had all converted to syrup I used almost exactly all the syrup with all the alcohol and it was a near perfect ratio.

In the future I will try less syrup to see if I can make it more drinkable straight - it was a bit too sweet to drink straight as I had made it but I think that was because I kept adding the syrup until all the harshness of the alcohol was gone and in hindsight I think more alcohol and less sweet would've been better - plus letting it sit for a few days for the flavors to fully mix always makes that harshness subside a bit anyway, which I didn't take into consideration when I was mixing it.. But anyway, fantastic recipe, thanks!

Tonight I am going to start making another batch with whatever other fruit I can find.
goldilow
Novice

Post by goldilow »

Anyone got a recommended dosage for the lemon juice? Let's say xx teaspoons per quart... I just don't want to over do it or under do it.
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

goldilow wrote:Anyone got a recommended dosage for the lemon juice? Let's say xx teaspoons per quart... I just don't want to over do it or under do it.
I use approximately a tablespoon per quart. You don't taste it.
Using Google Search

Groddi
Bootlegger

Post by Groddi »

Good recipe, just finished one batch.

I made several rum bottles with 8tbs syrup, 1tbs sitron sqeeze to 750ml bottles filled up with rum.

Thanks.
Over engineering is underrated. Automate the hell out of everything if possible!

My still running at 40 degrees Celsius at -0,83/-25 bar/INHG
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 50&t=44081
goldilow
Novice

Post by goldilow »

Hound Dog wrote:
goldilow wrote:Anyone got a recommended dosage for the lemon juice? Let's say xx teaspoons per quart... I just don't want to over do it or under do it.
I use approximately a tablespoon per quart. You don't taste it.
Thanks Hound dog. Strawberrys should be done soaking tomorrow. I'll try a tablespoon.
goldilow
Novice

Post by goldilow »

I did find out that the 1lb bag of Great Value (Walmart) brand frozen strawberrys fill a quart just right...
Attachments
IMAG0278.jpg
jace
Novice

Post by jace »

sorry if this has been asked and answered but what is the shelf life of this ? I have a couple different flavored qts in a cupboard for about a year now. is it still ok or should be dumped
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

jace wrote:sorry if this has been asked and answered but what is the shelf life of this ? I have a couple different flavored qts in a cupboard for about a year now. is it still ok or should be dumped
You made this stuff last a year? That's like alcohol abuse! I have a mini fridge under my bar that i keep stocked with my flavored batches. Sorry, I don't have an answer for you.
Using Google Search

T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Somebody needs to start drinking/sharing more. :wink:

tp