Double Fermented Sour Corn Mash from Scratch

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

cariboux
Novice
Location: The Last Frontier, the northernmost SOUTHERN STATE!

Re: Double Fermented Sour Corn Mash from Scratch

Post by cariboux » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Regarding the photo and comment, ya'll probably know that the .900 was a typo, the FG was .990. Thanks for not reprimanding me for 'BS'.

bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:11 am

Squeezed a batch using this method this morning. After cooking the corn, the smell was pretty nice, reminding me of some other ferments that ended with a nice lacto infection. The smell coming from the ferment makes me think there's something to this approach.

I used corn meal, and used some extra high-temp enzymes to thin stuff out. Unfortunately, my dog discovered the bottle, which was mostly full. Chewed a hole, drained the contents. Can't order any from pintoshine I guess.

vqstatesman
Swill Maker

Post by vqstatesman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:42 pm

bilgriss wrote:Squeezed a batch using this method this morning. After cooking the corn, the smell was pretty nice, reminding me of some other ferments that ended with a nice lacto infection. The smell coming from the ferment makes me think there's something to this approach.

I used corn meal, and used some extra high-temp enzymes to thin stuff out. Unfortunately, my dog discovered the bottle, which was mostly full. Chewed a hole, drained the contents. Can't order any from pintoshine I guess.
The enzymash website is still up. After the news was dropped I immediately purchased a few bottled which arrived here in Australia shortly thereafter. That was on 6/9/18 so I'm guessing his enzyme business is still operational.

Ps I only just come across this thread and will be giving this a shot for sure :)

hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:47 pm

PintO's Enzymash site is down, has been for the last couple of weeks.

I hope everything pans out for PintO