Taters Blueberrie Liqueur

Moderator: Site Moderator

Tater
Admin

Taters Blueberrie Liqueur

Post by Tater »

Blueberrie Liqueur This is a 13 gallon wash. This recipe is 35 lb fresh Blueberries 1/4 cup lime juice and 20 lbs sugar and 1 oz yeast EC-1118..Making the syrup will take around six more cups sugar and 4 oz honey
Wash berries pick out stems and unripe berries
18.JPG
Put cleaned berries in fermenting barrel
2.JPG
.Take 3 gallons water heat to boiling and add 20 lbs sugar 1/4 cup lime juice and bring back to boil till water clears and has a slight tint
17.JPG
Pour boiling sugar water over berries in fermenting barrel add more boiling water if needed to cover and stir with sharpened mortar mixer till berries are turned to pulped
14.JPG
After blending berries fill fermenting barrel to 13 gallons total wash .Be sure to leave head space Take a gallon of cooled wash and add yeast.Stir in get lots of air and let sit overnight.
15.JPG
Take pre started yeast and add back to wash stirring well
13.JPG
Next day it should have formed a cap and look like this.
8.JPG
Let ferment till done gently stirring in cap as needed to keep from drying out .I also will take berries in cap and squeeze in my hands[they were clean] a few times during fermentation to get all the pulp out of skins .I fermented this slow took almost a month. Distilled with a single run Started keeping soon as sweet taste stopped and kept till proof dropped to 80 proof got 2 1/2 gallons of 100 proof after tempering a tad. I did 2 batches of this so I had 5 gallons of finished product .Aired product a few weeks .Then took a 4 1/2 gallon jar and poured in 1 gallon frozen blueberries and filled rest way with the blueberry likker let sit 5 months
9.JPG
Removed berries from product.
10.JPG
Added 3 cups sugar to berries and shook to mix.
11.JPG
Let this sit in a warm place for a few weeks till sugar turned to syrup
12.JPG
Pour off syurp
4.JPG
Add back 2 cups sugar to berries
3.JPG
And so on till berries are drained of all their juice
Let sit till it turns to syrup and pour off
4.JPG
After collecting syrup I stir syrup to taste back into liquor added 4 oz of honey
5.JPG
Had to have a sample
6.JPG
Will now let sit for a few weeks covered with a coffee filter to air out maybe temper a tad to taste before filtering and storing in 1/2 gallon jugs .Longer it sits better it gets.For Unedited topic http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =14&t=4065
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper