Oat,Wheat,Rye Whiskey/whisky

Moderator: Site Moderator

bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Oat,Wheat,Rye Whiskey/whisky

Post by bentstick »

I have been working on this concoction for a bit now is nothing special but makes a good sipping whiskey in white and is smooth and tasty almost straight out the pipe!

Oat,Wheat,Rye white sippin whiskey 35 gal ferments +-

1/3 Oats (not rolled) whole with huskes straight off the farm,not floured but milled to where is busted up in the husk = 25 lbs
1/3 Wheat = 25 lbs which 40% is malted = 15 lbs wheat/10 lbs malted wheat
1/3 Rye = 25 lbs Which 40% is malted = 15 lbs Rye/10 lbs malted Rye
My SG is usally between 1.050 and 1.058 after make up water is added,but honestly I dont much care I get what I get and as long as the end product is close to the same taste every run

Toss in fermenter minus the malts add 25 gals of boiling water and mix with moter mixer on a drill once down to 180 or so add High temp enyzmes mix off and on for how ever long it takes to get to 158-155 add gluco enzymes and the malt stir in and every now and again stir it up,after a few hrs I just lock it down in the fermenter and let set over night with blow off tube in water bucket, in the am once cooled a bit I add the remaining 10 gals of water to cool to pitch temp,add my yeast ( Prestige Whiskey yeast).

Have the first mash done with my steamer in the fermenter as I type this. If ya try thank you it would be nice to hear your thoughts,has only been a few try it and so far so good :thumbup:

Nothing new just my take on a good drop!

I will add I run my whiskey thru a 5 perf plate column
It is what you make it