Baileys/Punkins Muck

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

User avatar
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 3696
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by fizzix » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:57 pm

Good idea. People will freak out when I whip them up some Bailey's for their coffee while camping.

hpby98
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by hpby98 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:18 pm

fizzix wrote:Good idea. People will freak out when I whip them up some Bailey's for their coffee while camping.
Even better and lighter today!

I’d say 3 charges tho, not just two

Further tests will happen shortly.

User avatar
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 3696
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by fizzix » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:37 pm

hpby98 wrote:
fizzix wrote:Good idea. People will freak out when I whip them up some Bailey's for their coffee while camping.
Even better and lighter today!

I’d say 3 charges tho, not just two

Further tests will happen shortly.
I must be the last bastard on the planet to know of this whip siphon thingy as everyone's heard of it 'cept me.
"Oh yeah, we got one of those," says everyone.
Looks like Santa will drop one down the chimney with 100 charges.
Three for Baileys, you say. Got it. I gotta thank you again for turning me on to this.

hpby98
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by hpby98 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:09 pm

fizzix wrote:
hpby98 wrote:
fizzix wrote:Good idea. People will freak out when I whip them up some Bailey's for their coffee while camping.
Even better and lighter today!

I’d say 3 charges tho, not just two

Further tests will happen shortly.
I must be the last bastard on the planet to know of this whip siphon thingy as everyone's heard of it 'cept me.
"Oh yeah, we got one of those," says everyone.
Looks like Santa will drop one down the chimney with 100 charges.
Three for Baileys, you say. Got it. I gotta thank you again for turning me on to this.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow is your friend. Super cheap cartridges too

User avatar
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 3696
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by fizzix » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:51 pm

Appreciate it, but I'm sticking with the stainless steel model you first introduced. I despise cheap plastic parts.
Looks like the siphon can also speed infuse ethanol: e.g. Vanilla infused vodka in this article.

hpby98
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by hpby98 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:38 pm

fizzix wrote:Appreciate it, but I'm sticking with the stainless steel model you first introduced. I despise cheap plastic parts.
Looks like the siphon can also speed infuse ethanol: e.g. Vanilla infused vodka in this article.

First thing you need to do is this... Heston’s Perfect Fried Fish - I’ve never had anything even close in a restaurant.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3Rrzrv8vU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

And for stainless you mean like these?

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/search ... urmet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I found I could have saved 20-25% compared to amazon... exact same stuff.

Cheap n20 and co2 cartridges too

User avatar
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 3696
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by fizzix » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:12 am

Man, I sure value all your input on this, hpby98.
Batters, cakes, eggnog froth, and whipped Baileys.
Holy crap I'm gonna get fat and happy.

hpby98
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by hpby98 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:08 am

fizzix wrote:Man, I sure value all your input on this, hpby98.
Batters, cakes, eggnog froth, and whipped Baileys.
Holy crap I'm gonna get fat and happy.

Funny that. It’s always Fat *and* happy

Versus skinny bitch...

Just a thought! I know where my toast is buttered.

Also, when you do the Fied Fish, do the same with chocolate / mini mars bars. And serve with whipped baileys. Man...!

User avatar
Bearpig
Novice
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:28 am
Location: Montenegro

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by Bearpig » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:40 am

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I'm assuming all these Baileys type cream/egg liqueurs have to be refrigerated.
Is there any way to get them to keep unrefrigerated?
Higher ABV? Preservatives? A substitute for the eggs? More condensed, or evaporated milk instead of cream? :think:

I'm thinking about Christmas gift ideas and some of the people on my list are the sipping kind that will make a bottle of liqueur last half a year :wtf:

User avatar
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor
Posts: 3696
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by fizzix » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:04 am

Woo-hoo! Santa must've been listening... and I was a good distiller this year.
whip siphon2.jpg

The Baker
Master Distiller
Posts: 3153
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:48 am
Location: Northern Victoria, Australia

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by The Baker » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:53 pm

Bearpig wrote:Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I'm assuming all these Baileys type cream/egg liqueurs have to be refrigerated.
Is there any way to get them to keep unrefrigerated?
Higher ABV? Preservatives? A substitute for the eggs? More condensed, or evaporated milk instead of cream? :think:

I'm thinking about Christmas gift ideas and some of the people on my list are the sipping kind that will make a bottle of liqueur last half a year :wtf:
Dunno; but it seems that cream liqueurs in general do not have to be refrigerated, but their shelf life is somewhat limited.
But after opening they would probably be best refrigerated, and used soon.

Geoff
The Baker

User avatar
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod
Posts: 4134
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:13 am
Location: Northern NSW Australia

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by Saltbush Bill » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Never known a batch of Punkins Muck to last long enough to go off.

Post Reply