All Bran Recipe

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Spriit Tisler
Swill Maker

Re: All Bran Recipe

Post by Spriit Tisler »

My new batch looks brilliant. I put it last wednesday and today I opened it up and it was all cleared and settled and ready so I racked it to buckets with vacuum cleaner ejector and poured it into boiler. Got full 40 liters of it, from total volume of maybe 50 liters incl. solids. Gonna strip it tonight. :mrgreen:

You think I should actually leave the carbon filtration off and just add some baking soda and reflux it directly? Does it really pay off with this recipe for making as neutral vodka as possible? Not otherwise but since my filter has some issues with the funnel part I mind not using it before I get it fixed. :problem:
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Spriit Tisler wrote:My new batch looks brilliant. I put it last wednesday and today I opened it up and it was all cleared and settled and ready so I racked it to buckets with vacuum cleaner ejector and poured it into boiler. Got full 40 liters of it, from total volume of maybe 50 liters incl. solids. Gonna strip it tonight. :mrgreen:

You think I should actually leave the carbon filtration off and just add some baking soda and reflux it directly? Does it really pay off with this recipe for making as neutral vodka as possible? Not otherwise but since my filter has some issues with the funnel part I mind not using it before I get it fixed. :problem:
I just rack into my boiler... No filtering, no baking soda, no nothing... Just rack, stripping run, spirit run, and done...
FMJ
Novice

Post by FMJ »

Any thoughts on this? My first 10 gallon wash. Twenty (20) pounds of sugar, 10 cups of All Bran approx. one 18oz box, 5 teaspoons of boiled yeast, 1.5 teaspoons of Epsom salts and 20 tablespoons of bakers yeast. I'm looking for a more neutral spirit vs flavor. I'm a bit concerned the % of alcohol may be a bit high. I will be doing a strip run first then a spirit run on a reflux still. Thanks FMJ
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

Just brought home 3 boxes of Total cereal and would like to do an AB run through my 4 plate 3 inch flute for a neutral.Any hands on exp. from you flute guys on this particular wash ?

TIA, FMH.
Blah, blah, blah,........
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

FMJ wrote:Any thoughts on this? My first 10 gallon wash. Twenty (20) pounds of sugar, 10 cups of All Bran approx. one 18oz box, 5 teaspoons of boiled yeast, 1.5 teaspoons of Epsom salts and 20 tablespoons of bakers yeast. I'm looking for a more neutral spirit vs flavor. I'm a bit concerned the % of alcohol may be a bit high. I will be doing a strip run first then a spirit run on a reflux still. Thanks FMJ
Shouldn't need the boiled yeast as there's plenty of nutrients in the cereal, but doesn't hurt to have it in there either. Should be ok.
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
Spriit Tisler
Swill Maker

Post by Spriit Tisler »

Stripped, got something over 5 liters of about 70% stuff and broke my ABV meter at the go. Now it's flowing through carbon at 40% which I decided to do because I've got time and it goes into bucket that has plenty of soda in it. I tasted the outcome from the filter and it was quite fancy tasting even it's just strippings. Should make some good spirit. 8)
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Spriit Tisler wrote:Stripped, got something over 5 liters of about 70% stuff and broke my ABV meter at the go. Now it's flowing through carbon at 40% which I decided to do because I've got time and it goes into bucket that has plenty of soda in it. I tasted the outcome from the filter and it was quite fancy tasting even it's just strippings. Should make some good spirit. 8)
You really don't need to charcoal filter this recipe. I promise.

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
Spriit Tisler
Swill Maker

Post by Spriit Tisler »

It's fancy how carbon filter works. At the top the strippings have quite strong smell that originates from the all bran probably, not excactly bad to say, but at the bottom it has very clean and straight smell. I have feeling this one is gonna be super neutral, my best batch this far. I think this recipe is really The Knockout. It takes a week and two days to complete and clear at 30C, so it can be racked directly to boiler and stripped, filtered and then refluxed with plenty of soda to get super neutral azeotropic alcohol.

Thanks Rad, and for all you other folks, you should have bashed me big time at the very beginning when I banged my head to the turbo wall. :clap:
Bert13
Novice

Post by Bert13 »

Spriit Tisler wrote:It's fancy how carbon filter works. At the top the strippings have quite strong smell that originates from the all bran probably, not excactly bad to say, but at the bottom it has very clean and straight smell. I have feeling this one is gonna be super neutral, my best batch this far. I think this recipe is really The Knockout. It takes a week and two days to complete and clear at 30C, so it can be racked directly to boiler and stripped, filtered and then refluxed with plenty of soda to get super neutral azeotropic alcohol.

Thanks Rad, and for all you other folks, you should have bashed me big time at the very beginning when I banged my head to the turbo wall. :clap:

Hi Mr Tisler (or indeed anyone who may know), I wonder if you can please help a novice?

I've run 1 bran wash through a reflux and, apart from using an anti foaming agent in the still, I ran it without carbon filtering or use of baking soda. I turned out great, I've really enjoyed it but I'm hoping to do better next time and I'm considering adding baking soda to the reflux in the hope it helps but I don't understand the science so need some advice.
Is it that the baking soda helps in the production of a more neutral spirit and, if so, how does it do that and how much should I use?

Thanks in advance :)

Bert13
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Bert13 wrote:... turned out great...
If it ain't broke... don't fix it.

Spriit Tisler
Swill Maker

Post by Spriit Tisler »

My most recent outcome is strange.

I did everything the same except for few things, and my stuff turned out to be having a bit sharper taste and having a very slight pungent odor similar to turbos. The only things I did otherwise was using sodium carbonate instead of sodium hydroxide, and dry yeast instead of fresh yeast, and I did not clear the ferment to almost transparent but instead of had it racked "homedistiller clean", aka all solids settled. I might use bentonite again with my next batch to make it truly clean, and replace the baking soda with lye, which just chemically erases everything unwanted and neutralizes all acids and stuff. But now I've got maybe 5 liters of potable alcohol lying around and this amount should last for rest of the year at least, even with my friends.

Funny thing is that the strippings had all smell and taste removed by the carbon and all that was left was the sweetish, straight smell and taste of ethanol, but after reflux distillation the slight pungency appeared from somewhere. It couldn't have been the still because I cleaned it with dishwashing detergent(=lye) between strip and reflux.

For Bert13, if you think your stuff is good, don't try to make it any better. You achieve 99% efficiency by your way and gain extra .5% by doing several hours of work and investing up to a hundred extra bucks.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Spriit Tisler wrote:My most recent outcome is strange.

I did everything the same except for few things, and my stuff turned out to be having a bit sharper taste and having a very slight pungent odor similar to turbos. The only things I did otherwise was using sodium carbonate instead of sodium hydroxide, and dry yeast instead of fresh yeast, and I did not clear the ferment to almost transparent but instead of had it racked "homedistiller clean", aka all solids settled. I might use bentonite again with my next batch to make it truly clean, and replace the baking soda with lye, which just chemically erases everything unwanted and neutralizes all acids and stuff. But now I've got maybe 5 liters of potable alcohol lying around and this amount should last for rest of the year at least, even with my friends.

Funny thing is that the strippings had all smell and taste removed by the carbon and all that was left was the sweetish, straight smell and taste of ethanol, but after reflux distillation the slight pungency appeared from somewhere. It couldn't have been the still because I cleaned it with dishwashing detergent(=lye) between strip and reflux.
So your added efforts to further clean your spirits backfired and made the taste worse...??? Sounds like you've found your problem... Should have left well enough alone and not added sodium carbonate... Most distilled spirits, even low wines, don't require the added efforts some members keep subjecting their spirits to... "If it ain't broke, don't break it...!!!"
Spriit Tisler
Swill Maker

Post by Spriit Tisler »

You think sodium carbonate adverses the product?

The next batch I'll do I'll use fresh yeast as before since it seems to work better and it's cheaper even. I'll strip it as usual, but I'll split it to two: one with lye and one without any further purification and reflux them.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Spriit Tisler wrote:You think sodium carbonate adverses the product?

The next batch I'll do I'll use fresh yeast as before since it seems to work better and it's cheaper even. I'll strip it as usual, but I'll split it to two: one with lye and one without any further purification and reflux them.
Sounds like a plan... :thumbup:
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

Bert13 wrote:
Spriit Tisler wrote:It's fancy how carbon filter works. At the top the strippings have quite strong smell that originates from the all bran probably, not excactly bad to say, but at the bottom it has very clean and straight smell. I have feeling this one is gonna be super neutral, my best batch this far. I think this recipe is really The Knockout. It takes a week and two days to complete and clear at 30C, so it can be racked directly to boiler and stripped, filtered and then refluxed with plenty of soda to get super neutral azeotropic alcohol.

Hi Mr Tisler (or indeed anyone who may know), I wonder if you can please help a novice?

I've run 1 bran wash through a reflux and, apart from using an anti foaming agent in the still, I ran it without carbon filtering or use of baking soda. I turned out great, I've really enjoyed it but I'm hoping to do better next time and I'm considering adding baking soda to the reflux in the hope it helps but I don't understand the science so need some advice.
Is it that the baking soda helps in the production of a more neutral spirit and, if so, how does it do that and how much should I use?

Thanks in advance :)

Bert13
Bert13, check out this thread. http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =15&t=5753

It may help you understand were sodium carbonate and the like can help with low wines and neutral spirits. I can tell you however, this will increase the amount of clean neutral spirit from your already clean neutral run. If your batches are coming out with no clean flavorless odorless hearts, you must improve your method first. The soda will not work miricles.
LM Still Operating Instructions
Cranky's New Distiller's Advice
Using Google Search

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic.
FMJ
Novice

Post by FMJ »

Is there a difference between Flake Bran and Flake Wheat? I found a cereal subistitute for the Kellogg's brand that has almost the same ingridents and vitiams. The only difference is one is flake bran vs flake wheat.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

FMJ wrote:Is there a difference between Flake Bran and Flake Wheat? I found a cereal subistitute for the Kellogg's brand that has almost the same ingridents and vitiams. The only difference is one is flake bran vs flake wheat.
Give it a shot and see what happens... I've used a number of different wheat based cereals with equal success... Of course a lot depends on whether you will be pot stilling or refluxing for neutral spirits...
Hound Dog
Master of Distillation

Post by Hound Dog »

I like a slight wheat flavor myself.
LM Still Operating Instructions
Cranky's New Distiller's Advice
Using Google Search

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic.
Bert13
Novice

Post by Bert13 »

Spriit Tisler wrote:My most recent outcome is strange.

For Bert13, if you think your stuff is good, don't try to make it any better. You achieve 99% efficiency by your way and gain extra .5% by doing several hours of work and investing up to a hundred extra bucks.
Hi ST and thank you for your kind advice.

I know what you're saying and truly appreciate it but I always hope that I can improve on any first attempt. The time input isn't an issue because I'm stuck at home as a full time carer at the moment and, regardless of that, I'll only do a run once in a blue moon so it's not like I'll be putting myself out very often.
I'm going to read up on the topic, as advised, and I'm grateful for your directions to the appropriate thread.

Cheers Bert13
Spriit Tisler
Swill Maker

Post by Spriit Tisler »

Well, if you consider it as a hobby or a goal, methods mentioned are ways to improve neutral result, but obviously do not always result in desired improvements as is. To begin, one would want to carbon filter the goods, and then reflux distill them either directly or by dissolving sodium carbonate or sodium hydroxide to the filtered goods. Then there are the more extreme measures like bubbling ozone through the alcohol through stainless steel sintered airstone, etc., but they were only tested casually in this forum and IDK if they really yield desirable results when looking for neutral stuff. People add sugar (up to 3-5g per liter) and glycerine (5ml/liter of 40% vodka being the most common) to smoothen the taste. The glycerin addition actually works and smoothens it quite a bit to my feel.

Commercial distilleries do multiple distillation runs, and one source stated that many vodka makers in USA actually bulk order their alcohol from the same industrial supplier which produces most of the fuel and drinkable (3% share of the market) alcohol in that country and what they do is to carbon filter and distill it as many times as they find it necessary and then bottle it to their fancy bottles and sell it for $$$. Afterall, it's business and they take every measure legally and economically feasible to make it as sweet/neutral tasting as possible.
C2H5O5
Swill Maker

Post by C2H5O5 »

This is my first batch of Rads All Bran I am coming from being a TPW guy and wanted to try this as I heard its a nicer neutral.
I like to have my ferments racked and ready to go in 4 weeks. I usualy end up to 2-3 weeks for ferment then a rack into my buckets, settle a week then a rack into the boilers. Strip half a dozen washes the next few weekends, then run low wines in reflux for a neutral the next few weekends.

This is a yearly thing with me and I am not in a big rush to get this done because I enjoy the journey, however there does come a point when I get a bit worried on stalled ferments.
I really hate fussing with a wash and like to leave them do their thing.

I am using 20 gallon Rubbermaid Trashcans for Fermenting

20 gallon Rubbermaid Ferment Vessel
Water 10 gallons of hot water to start
Water (added based on OG)
37 pounds of Sugar ?
1. 5 bags (6 cups) “crushed” Kellogs Red Berries cereal. “Lonesomeloins page 43”
1 TBSP 10-10-10
8 oz. Fleischmann's active dry yeast (Rad page #39)
Now my math tells me the SG should be higher based on the amount of sugar to water, I would say its slightly over 2 pounds per gallon and I know the general consensus is no more than 2 pound per gallon but I went by my hydro and was shooting for 1.080 – 1.085, but didn't realize there was a temperature correction for the hydro so I was at 1.089+ on my Higher ABV wash

OK So this is my first Rads all Bran and much of this post is for my records. I wanted to get a baseline of this ferment.

Started two batches in 20 gallon brute trash cans. One was at 1.085 the other was at 1.075.
Procedure so far.
One ferment vessel is the “control”, it will be left undisturbed until the ferment in the test fermenter has completed.

Sugar is added to hot water and stirred until dissolved with a paddle.
20 watt All-Metal Aquarium heaters are added and set to 88°
More water is added to reach a SG of 1.075 (1.079 temp correction) – 1.085 (1.089 temp correction) and a temperature of 90°
Cereal is punched down in bag and added to wash
Using a stick blender the wash is aerated and cereal is pulverized a bit more.
2 tablespoons of 10-10-10 are added
the yeast is pitched and stirred in with a paddle.
The lid is placed on, covered with a beach towel and secured with tape to keep the bugs out
day 2 eggshells are added, the ferment is about 99° for the first few days then settles down and the aquarium heaters take over and maintain 88°

Days 1- 5 temperature is checked and holding steady at 88° Each day the wash temp is taken and covered.
Day 2 eggshells were added to both ferment vessels. (Houndog page 43)

Wash has stalled after less than a week,
after 8 days SG is holding at 1.004 and Ph was at 3.8, brought up to 4.5 with a bit a baking soda
10 days tried a little more baking soda
12 days tried a packet of yeast and 5 crushed multivitamins and stirred.
SG is holding at 1.004 and has not budged
Wash is very strong, I can smell alcohol and there are a few tiny bubbles on top

Today is day 14 the wash is still at 1.004+

My gut is telling me I need more nutrients but based on a scaled up of Rads recipe it would require 48 cups of cereal thats 384 ounces that would be near 22 single boxes of cereal and 18 oz. of yeast
Even if I scaled up to 2 boxes each box contains 2 of 17.5 oz bags, this would be 70 oz. 8.75 cups, the cost would be over $15.00 just in cereal per wash, this I am ok with but anymore cost and I'll probably go back to the TPW.

Can I save this by adding a few more bags of cereal and re pitching 8 oz. or so of yeast.???

I am starting a new wash this weekend but will wait to hear from you guys to see what I need to do.

Sorry pics are messed up, they are in order on each page but not in order of the posts, sure you guys figured that out :D

Page 3 of pics
Attachments
20160808009 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160809109 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160810110 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160812100 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160812103 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160814120 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
Last edited by C2H5O5 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Carrots may be good for your eyes, but Booze will double your vision"

HD Search This helped me!
C2H5O5
Swill Maker

Post by C2H5O5 »

Sorry for the pics being out of order, but sure you guys can figure it out
Page 2 of pics
Attachments
20160806057 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160806066 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160806072 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160806081 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160807003 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160807006 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
Last edited by C2H5O5 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

C2H5O5
Swill Maker

Post by C2H5O5 »

Start of run
Attachments
20160806010 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160806015 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160806021 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png
20160806054 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).png

still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

Interesting stuff C2H5O5.

You didn't crush the egg shells...I use chicken feed (crushed oyster shells) from TSC to stabilize the pH. Crushing them gives more surface area of the calcium exposed to the acidic solution. That makes them more (even slightly more) effective. You probably would not have needed to add the baking soda to raise the pH. Also, if you're desperate to raise the pH, try using "pickling lime", as it is a much stronger base than bicarbonate. You can get it in the grocery store with the canning supplies.

When I do Rad's All Bran, I usually boil the wash for a few minutes. I crush the fertilizer and B-vitamins in a mortar & pestle and add to the boiler. To the boil, I also add 1/2 cup of yeast slurry collected from the last ferment (great nutrients in there). I crush the bran flakes (I buy the generic bran flakes) and stir into the boiling water. I stir this vigorously as the wash comes up to a boil and then I use an immersion chiller to cool down to 90*F.

This I rack into the fermenters and aerate well (I inject O2 with a stainless steel stone). Then, after rehydrating fresh (dry) yeast, I pitch the yeast into the fermenters. Ferments usually start within 2-4 hours and finish within a week to 10 days. My OG is typically in the 1.074-1.078 range. Terminal gravity is typically at or slightly below unity.

I strip with a potstill and run the spirit with my combo LM/VM reflux. This makes a very good neutral, the hearts of which I use in Odin's EZ gin recipe. It makes a divine gin...try it sometime. If my goal was a "vodka", I would run the spirit through the potstill one more time (triple distilled), again using the sweet hearts out of the all bran run. Taking the product from the reflux still (at 190 proof) and tempering down for another pass through the still is the best "filter" you can use to clean up the flavors. But, the real key is to make sure you DON'T have any heads or tails in your wash...just clean hearts.

For your washes that have stopped at 1.004, you may be done, especially if the OG was 1.090 or greater. Depending on the amount of nutrients and the crashing pH, your yeast may have flocculated and quit. It is often difficult to revive yeast in these conditions. So, your best bet may be time....and then running it. Give the ferments a couple of weeks and see. No rush, you said, right?
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

1.004 over several days is an indicator that the wash is done... You can play with it all you want but you're wasting time and ingredients for a very small potential increase in %ABV... Let it clear and run it...
C2H5O5
Swill Maker

Post by C2H5O5 »

rad14701 wrote:1.004 over several days is an indicator that the wash is done... You can play with it all you want but you're wasting time and ingredients for a very small potential increase in %ABV... Let it clear and run it...
My concern is that the wash is still very sweet, should I just let it clear for a week then run although its still sweet?

rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

C2H5O5 wrote:
rad14701 wrote:1.004 over several days is an indicator that the wash is done... You can play with it all you want but you're wasting time and ingredients for a very small potential increase in %ABV... Let it clear and run it...
My concern is that the wash is still very sweet, should I just let it clear for a week then run although its still sweet?
Sweet is a subjective term... There could definitely be some unfermentable sugars or other components that give the sweet taste, but there should also be a dry alcohol taste in there too... And you're talking less than 2% potential increase in alcohol, at most, if you can get the wash to ferment down to .990 and you could wait forever and not get down that low... This won't be your last batch that doesn't ferment to dry according to your hydrometer...

Rack it into another container and it will clear a lot faster than a week...
C2H5O5
Swill Maker

Post by C2H5O5 »

still_stirrin wrote:Interesting stuff C2H5O5.

You didn't crush the egg shells...I use chicken feed (crushed oyster shells) from TSC to stabilize the pH. Crushing them gives more surface area of the calcium exposed to the acidic solution. That makes them more (even slightly more) effective. You probably would not have needed to add the baking soda to raise the pH. Also, if you're desperate to raise the pH, try using "pickling lime", as it is a much stronger base than bicarbonate. You can get it in the grocery store with the canning supplies.
I'm going to grab some oyster shells for future runs, eggshells dissolved in a few days anyhow, I will grab some "Pickling Lime" to keep on hand

When I do Rad's All Bran, I usually boil the wash for a few minutes. I crush the fertilizer and B-vitamins in a mortar & pestle and add to the boiler. To the boil, I also add 1/2 cup of yeast slurry collected from the last ferment (great nutrients in there). I crush the bran flakes (I buy the generic bran flakes) and stir into the boiling water. I stir this vigorously as the wash comes up to a boil and then I use an immersion chiller to cool down to 90*F.
For my next wash should I use some lees from my last wash as a nutrient and if so how much for a 15 gallon ferment?

This I rack into the fermenters and aerate well (I inject O2 with a stainless steel stone). Then, after rehydrating fresh (dry) yeast, I pitch the yeast into the fermenters. Ferments usually start within 2-4 hours and finish within a week to 10 days. My OG is typically in the 1.074-1.078 range. Terminal gravity is typically at or slightly below unity.
I was going to aerate with a high quality air stone I used in my hydroponics but I tread somewhere that this could be harmful to the wash? That's why I went with the immersion blender.

I strip with a potstill and run the spirit with my combo LM/VM reflux. This makes a very good neutral, the hearts of which I use in Odin's EZ gin recipe. It makes a divine gin...try it sometime. If my goal was a "vodka", I would run the spirit through the potstill one more time (triple distilled), again using the sweet hearts out of the all bran run. Taking the product from the reflux still (at 190 proof) and tempering down for another pass through the still is the best "filter" you can use to clean up the flavors. But, the real key is to make sure you DON'T have any heads or tails in your wash...just clean hearts.
Noted

For your washes that have stopped at 1.004, you may be done, especially if the OG was 1.090 or greater. Depending on the amount of nutrients and the crashing pH, your yeast may have flocculated and quit. It is often difficult to revive yeast in these conditions. So, your best bet may be time....and then running it. Give the ferments a couple of weeks and see. No rush, you said, right?
ss
Yeah, I went higher than I wanted with the OG but was even more upset when I found out there was a temperature correction as well, I like to keep the washes at 1.070 - 1.075. My concern is problems stripping because the wash is still very sweet.

C2H5O5
Swill Maker

Post by C2H5O5 »

rad14701 wrote:
C2H5O5 wrote:
Sweet is a subjective term... There could definitely be some unfermentable sugars or other components that give the sweet taste, but there should also be a dry alcohol taste in there too... And you're talking less than 2% potential increase in alcohol, at most, if you can get the wash to ferment down to .990 and you could wait forever and not get down that low... This won't be your last batch that doesn't ferment to dry according to your hydrometer...

Rack it into another container and it will clear a lot faster than a week...

You don't know how happy I am to hear that, I will do my first rack tonight.

Rad... looking over my notes did I seem a little light on the Yeast and Cereal?

C2H5O5
Swill Maker

Post by C2H5O5 »

With your guys approval, Here's what I'm doing for tonight's wash.
  • +-14 gallons of water (based on hydro) [shooting for 1.070]
  • 25 lbs of sugar = 50 CUPS
  • 10 cups Cereal 3 bags = 12 cups (double of first wash)
  • 14 oz. Yeast (6 oz. more than first run)
  • 1 Tbl of 10-10-10
  • 4 teaspoons (2 oz.) of yeast Nutrient (did not add on first wash)