stilldrinkin realmccoymoonshinestills rkhelp bluegrassmoonsh

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Stillatryin
Novice

Re: stilldrinkin realmccoymoonshinestills rkhelp bluegrassmo

Post by Stillatryin »

midwest shinner wrote:sorry to sidetrack this for a moment but has anyone heard of a company called destilarias eau-de-vie, at website http://www.copper-alembic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow? with all this talk of disreputable companies I'd just thought i'd ask. I haven't had a bad experience with them, just been looking to buy a still as i'm definitely unsure of any building skills i may have. they are in Portugal but do have some beautiful stills there. just wondering...
Take a chance on your abilities and build your own as I am. If you can take a hand saw and cut a hoe handle, you can probably build your own. If not, the most reputable that I know of is, "Mile High" in Denver. However, I'd ask them about their backlog and delivery time. I don't think they'll steer you wrong.

I'm Stillatryin... and I'm gettin better
WalkingWolf
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by WalkingWolf »

I wonder what the stilldrinkin, et al folks did when the TTB asked them for records?? I wonder if they were as hard to get in touch with for the TTB as it has been for so many folks?? Just wonder'n.
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

Almost 100% assured they sold everyone out, without skipping a beat.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
frodo
Distiller
Location: hiding behind a pine tree. bout 100 miles east of new orleans

Post by frodo »

i am a member at http://forums.gunboards.com/ take a look at there forum structure, there is a place for members to post called NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH, also, when trading with members, there is a place for feed back as to how the trade went down, negative or positive...give it a look, mite give ya an idea
{ ya might join also!!!} frodo
Sbrewer
Novice

Post by Sbrewer »

I wish I had joined this forum sooner. I ordered a 5 gal unit from them on May 20, and have had nothing but the run around since then. They will not return a phone call, and have not shipped anything. I am sure that they are still taking orders and scamming people out of their money, they have updated their web page.

SBrewer
rbw65
Novice

Post by rbw65 »

I looked at the website and saw a bunch of pots and pans and very little copper, and no copper stills. Could tell they are a bunch of ripoff artists.
Keep em clean, Keep em lit