stilldrinkin realmccoymoonshinestills rkhelp bluegrassmoonsh

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

Hey all first post.

First and foremost! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM STILL DRINKIN WEBSITE!
They are crooks! everything Ive read here is true to My Own Experience! I was told next week a million times. Was told "I shipped it" many times. I called everyday and I think thats why I finally got the dam thing. Worst transaction online in my life and really got me to where I don't trust Anybody online anymore.

I too made the mistake of buying a still from them. It only took 4 months and a million calls to get this pile of junk. I'm missing half the stuff and I think a 3'rd grader sweated the pipe. I bought the Raptor combo. The dumb ass's wrapped it in brown paper and shipped it. The top dome piece is dented and I'm worried that it will leak now. I really have no clue what is what. I guess I jumped before I looked when I bought this, Sure wish I knew this forum was around. I would have made my own. This may sound like an odd request but is there a site where they show how to set up one of these types up? I'm a little lost where the hoses go and where the structure goes? Its kinda hard to figure out what and where stuff goes when your not sure if you got everything. If anybody has a still like this and has some pictures that I can see, A Million thanks in advance!
Its been sitting in the corner for over a month, Made me sick to even look at it for a little while but now I'm ready to fix and start the set up.

Thanks all!
Jetzon
horsesareforwork
Novice

Post by horsesareforwork »

mr jetzon. try to be a little more specific about what you have and don't have. and what your unsure about as to what goes where.

nobody ever accused me of being a genius but i managed to cobble mine togther.
of course there is always rob's and mike's phone support but....... help yourself :D
HARNESS YOUR ANIMALS
deep shit
Novice

Re: new wiki page

Post by deep shit »

Uncle Jesse wrote:someone want to suggest or add links for reputable dealers, and also for instructions for making stills?

http://homedistiller.org/wiki/index.php/Stilldrinkin.com

I want to make a good page so when folks do a web search they'll see this page and get some good info before they get taken by crooks.
Me and my friend buy from http://www.milehidistilling.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Good quality products at a fair price. I also here good things about www.coppermoonshinestill.com and if you live in Canada www.winemakeri.com has some distilling products. And Brewhaus is ok but had some problems with leaky essences and delayed shipping
nutmg1
Swill Maker

Post by nutmg1 »

Kevin Lunsford wrote:Let me guess nutmg1, you are really one of Robs friends?
AGAIN, you believe Rob and not all of the post here!!!!!
I ordered a still to be used as a demo in a legal distillery. I wanted to get registration papers and found out Rob was not legal to be sellling stills. I called and cancelled my order. A week later a 2 gal. beer keg and a white trash can were at the post office for me to pick up. It was REFUSED and returned to sender. Nothing was ever used!
I don't own a still-never have. As for you "going down" YOU have done that to YOURSELF, don't you DARE try to blame YOUR possible felony conviction on me!!! YOU bought the illegal still.
As for everone else. Thanks for your help here. I just wanted to get my money back and to help others not lose theirs. ATF already knew about Rob before me-just wanted to warn people to be carefull. You wont hear from me again on this post-try to help someone out and look what happens.
Rob can send me my money, or I have no other option but to bring fraud charges against them all.

Kevin,
Not to drag this on but I'm not one of Rob's friends. I'm just a customer like you. Hopefully everything works out for the best. Many of us can't take it back now.

As of now I'm being told it should ship any day. I'll keep this post updated.
nutmg1
Swill Maker

Post by nutmg1 »

Jetzon wrote:Hey all first post.

First and foremost! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM STILL DRINKIN WEBSITE!
They are crooks! everything Ive read here is true to My Own Experience! I was told next week a million times. Was told "I shipped it" many times. I called everyday and I think thats why I finally got the dam thing. Worst transaction online in my life and really got me to where I don't trust Anybody online anymore.

I too made the mistake of buying a still from them. It only took 4 months and a million calls to get this pile of junk. I'm missing half the stuff and I think a 3'rd grader sweated the pipe. I bought the Raptor combo. The dumb ass's wrapped it in brown paper and shipped it. The top dome piece is dented and I'm worried that it will leak now. I really have no clue what is what. I guess I jumped before I looked when I bought this, Sure wish I knew this forum was around. I would have made my own. This may sound like an odd request but is there a site where they show how to set up one of these types up? I'm a little lost where the hoses go and where the structure goes? Its kinda hard to figure out what and where stuff goes when your not sure if you got everything. If anybody has a still like this and has some pictures that I can see, A Million thanks in advance!
Its been sitting in the corner for over a month, Made me sick to even look at it for a little while but now I'm ready to fix and start the set up.

Thanks all!
Jetzon

Hey Jetzon,
Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Give us some more details and possibly some pics and we'll try to help you out. I'll be in the same boat soon.
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

I just post some pictures of this still. I posted a question under novice distillers "What the hell did I buy". Find that post and you'll see some pictures i took of it today. I was missing the top cap and a cork that the temp gage went into. I bought those yesterday and figured out what and how this sets up. I'm running it a few times with Water and Vinager as suggested to me here. Look for more post here soon, I'm thinking of doing a UJSM first or maybe one that I found from Stilldrinkn site. Only reason for trying one of stilldrinkn recipes is that they made it for this size setup I have, Might be a little easier for me the First time round.
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

Boy I was having a pretty good day until I read this....I have one of the master electric combos on order....sheewwwww!!! I called Rob today and he said mine would be shipped by the end of the week....god I hope so! Has anyone recieved one from him lately????
brad
horsesareforwork
Novice

Post by horsesareforwork »

well i got my lead test kit today and started in on my master electric combo from the stilldrinkin boys and this is what i came up with.
on three different solder joints 2 came back with traces of lead. 1 didn't. black was really bad , brown not so good , and yellow tolerable.
the worst i got was a dark yellow.
took one of my lead round balls for my blackpowder pistols as a sort of wild card and that came out black. soooo......
i will do what i thought i should have done in the first place(and what was recommended by the elders here) and take it apart and resolder. shouldn't take too long. parts are all cut to length. just heat-clean and solder. will keep the mason jar set-up though. i did run a rum wash and a neutral before i started losing sleep over lead poisoning. no bad tastes or anything but i think lead is one of those things that creeps up on you.

in short i recommend that anybody that got one of these strips it and re-does it.
robs word is no good when your money is involved, no sense in trusting your health to them too.
HARNESS YOUR ANIMALS
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

well I called again today(thursday) and rob says he was waiting on a boiler or something and that the thing shouls ship out by the weekend. Guess we just have to wait and see.
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

called 4 times today and no answer. damn I wish I had used a credit card!
nutmg1
Swill Maker

Post by nutmg1 »

I'm getting the boiler and other excuses as well. I can only say other's have recieved what they ordered. I believe we will too.
papatater
Novice

Post by papatater »

nutmg1 wrote:I'm getting the boiler and other excuses as well. I can only say other's have recieved what they ordered. I believe we will too.
still waitton on my still it has been 40 days since i ordered from stilldrinkin .com
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

damn I guess bad news travels in 3's im still waiting too.
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

got that stupin machine again just now when I called.
papatater
Novice

Post by papatater »

just got off the phone with him said hes getting some boilers monday i guess i well wait and see
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

I called today and he said he had some and mine would be shipped today or tomorrow......I think he's giving everybody the runaround! Im just about sick of it!
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

I called again today and now he says he has everything but the beer keg boiler. I told him he's either going to ship the damn thing or give my money back. He says there are no refunds. I told him I can always do a charge back to my credit card....thats one way to get a refund! im tired of getting screwed and not even getting a reach around! its been 35 days. How damn hard is it to find an old beer keg???
big worm
Trainee

Post by big worm »

bradinwva wrote:I called again today and now he says he has everything but the beer keg boiler. I told him he's either going to ship the damn thing or give my money back. He says there are no refunds. I told him I can always do a charge back to my credit card....thats one way to get a refund! im tired of getting screwed and not even getting a reach around! its been 35 days. How damn hard is it to find an old beer keg???
if you can charge back thats what i would have done long ago ,after reading all these posts and seeing all the pix i would cut and run like hell. as for the kegs my bro just got a 15gal s/s keg for $25usa they also had an aluminum one but he took the s/s deal
jmho
GOT BAIT?
small children left unatended will be sold as bait
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

well I messed up and paid with the wrong kind of card but he doesnt know it.
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

Does now.

:roll:

YouDon'TThinkTheyReadThisPunkin :?:
big worm
Trainee

Post by big worm »

punkin wrote:Does now.

:roll:

YouDon'TThinkTheyReadThisPunkin :?:
good point.......they very well could......this IS a public forum...don't admit to any thing that you feel should be kept safe in a public place. jmho
iwannabelikepunkinbutigottabeme
GOT BAIT?
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

Yeah It really doesnt matter...he has our money and short of a road trip oor the cops there isnt shit we can do. I called yesterday and they got kegs in and were woorking on the stills and were supposed to ship today......I sure hope so.
violentblue
Rumrunner

Post by violentblue »

are they seriously selling those stills for $1200?

maybe I should start building stills, I know I could do a hell of a lot better job than that, and for cheaper.

I can buy stainless kegs and tubing from the local recyclers by the pound, I think it cost me less than $200 in materials.
big worm
Trainee

Post by big worm »

you have just got to go to robs site and listen to the audio clip they have on the 3 part training school...lmao the dude talking has had one to many classes if ya catch my drift

WORRIED ON HOW TO MAKE IT?

The Legendary 3 Step
training program.
Call us for details now!
xxx-xxx-xxxx
We will show you how to make
Vodka and Flavored Vodka, Rum, Spiced Rum,
Whiskey, Sour Mash or Bourbon!

NEVER MADE HOOCH BEFORE?
LOOK AT THIS! NO WORRIES!

There is No other still sold that you can call and some one tells you how to make it!

Teaches You all The Tips and Tricks.

The only Place this happens is here!

FULL FREE LIFETIME PHONE SUPPORT!
This is worth more than the price on any still
SOLD!

Get It Right the First Time and every Time!

We make it
EASY AS 1...2...3...
GOT BAIT?
nutmg1
Swill Maker

Post by nutmg1 »

big worm wrote:you have just got to go to robs site and listen to the audio clip they have on the 3 part training school...lmao the dude talking has had one to many classes if ya catch my drift

WORRIED ON HOW TO MAKE IT?

The Legendary 3 Step
training program.
Call us for details now!
xxx-xxx-xxxx
We will show you how to make
Vodka and Flavored Vodka, Rum, Spiced Rum,
Whiskey, Sour Mash or Bourbon!

NEVER MADE HOOCH BEFORE?
LOOK AT THIS! NO WORRIES!

There is No other still sold that you can call and some one tells you how to make it!

Teaches You all The Tips and Tricks.

The only Place this happens is here!

FULL FREE LIFETIME PHONE SUPPORT!
This is worth more than the price on any still
SOLD!

Get It Right the First Time and every Time!

We make it
EASY AS 1...2...3...
Hey Worm no offence but its not cool to make fun of people who buy form them. If your first introduction to distillation is that site then it sounds pretty good. What they advertise isn’t unreasonable. It’s just that no one is offering it yet. They certainly aren't.
CoopsOz
Distiller

Post by CoopsOz »

You can buy them from ebay as well.....or at least they look thew same.

http://tinyurl.com/22evwm
It is most absurdly said, in popular language, of any man, that he is disguised in liquor; for, on the contrary, most men are disguised by sobriety. ~Thomas de Quincy, Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, 1856
big worm
Trainee

Post by big worm »

nutmg1 ...i was not teasing or trying to be cruel to anyone... if ofence has been taken i truly am sorry, i just thought it was funny because the dude is drunk or sounds that way.....i ment no harm to you or any one else. if the mods see fit they can deleat the post...
GOT BAIT?
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

Rob called me thursday and mine has shipped. We'll just have to wait and see now.
papatater
Novice

Post by papatater »

ya i just went back to my bank they put the money right back in my acount thank god i wouldnt wast a nickel on that guy bad bussines wouldnt recomend him to no one
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

A happy ex-customer!
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.