stilldrinkin realmccoymoonshinestills rkhelp bluegrassmoonsh

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Whiskey Creek
Novice

Post by Whiskey Creek »

If you used a credit card you should still be ok on a refund. Start the process as quick as you can. Call the 800 number on your card and ask to dispute a charge.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

well

Post by Uncle Jesse »

trthskr4 wrote:Maybe if you've done business with them you can turn them in to the SEC or FBI and plea bargain out of the illegal still purchase for bigger arrest of these guys.
It isn't illegal to own a still in the U.S.

Defrauding people is illegal, however. And there are specific rules which still makers must follow as enumerated in Title 27 CFR.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

trthskr4 wrote:Yeah, they'll change the name on the website to one of their buddies
That was the first thought that went through my mind. It is still the same guys just pretending to be "under new management", cause they have taken too much heat and blown their reputation (to the extent they had one).
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

Well Hopefully with all this information here People will Research a lot more before just jumping into this hobby. Theres to many Good people here that can point a person in the Right direction in finding or making a Safe and Reliable setup.. I sure hope my post and pictures here had something to do with them tucking tail and hiding. Not that I'm taking any credit just hoping I helped put them Crooks out of business. For now :roll:
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

I think everyone's input here helped to put these guys out (at least temp). When the cockroaches appear again, we can simply make sure this new site gets all the negative pub it needs.

NOTE these guys try to sell on ebay, so watching those auctions usually will quickly point to whatever web site they try to setup.

H.
Kevin Lunsford
Novice

Felon

Post by Kevin Lunsford »

Sorry, Uncle J. read my lips~~~~~
It is ILLEGAL to own a still in the USA!!!!!!!
Now, WHAT part of that do you people NOT understand?
READ title 27
There are NO websites that sell legal stills in the USA!!!!!
If they sell you one it WILL BE REGISTERED WITH THE ATF-where you MUST be a legal distillery. Your home will be inspected and you will pay TAXES on what you make.
Everybodys computer on this post can be located by the Police. Your IP address is obtained from the main server-then YOUR server is located and gives the police your address and name. So keep posting pictures of your illegal stills, its just more for the police to use against you. When stilldrinkin get busted everyone who used pay-pal or a credit card may get a call.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Re: Felon

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Kevin Lunsford wrote:Sorry, Uncle J. read my lips~~~~~
It is ILLEGAL to own a still in the USA!!!!!!!
Now, WHAT part of that do you people NOT understand?
READ title 27
There are NO websites that sell legal stills in the USA!!!!!
If they sell you one it WILL BE REGISTERED WITH THE ATF-where you MUST be a legal distillery. Your home will be inspected and you will pay TAXES on what you make.
Everybodys computer on this post can be located by the Police. Your IP address is obtained from the main server-then YOUR server is located and gives the police your address and name. So keep posting pictures of your illegal stills, its just more for the police to use against you. When stilldrinkin get busted everyone who used pay-pal or a credit card may get a call.
Sorry man you're wrong, it's perfectly legal to own a still as long as it's not over a heat source or burner, ready to be used.

And yes as a licensed distiller I've read Title 27...

revenoor.com sells legal still so I'm not sure where you get your errant info.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

here

Post by Uncle Jesse »

big worm
Trainee

Post by big worm »

you can distill drinking water and essensal oils in a still..perfectly within the law. etho is another story
GOT BAIT?
small children left unatended will be sold as bait
nutmg1
Swill Maker

Ok

Post by nutmg1 »

I haven't really seen this discussed to this level.

So if I read that right I can have a boiler/column/head/ (unassembled) ferment's going in any state and even finished product (carboys full of booze) and unless I'm actually in the process of distilling or at least have the head/column/boiler all assembled I am not breaking any law?
rad14701
retired

Re: Ok

Post by rad14701 »

nutmg1 wrote:I haven't really seen this discussed to this level.

So if I read that right I can have a boiler/column/head/ (unassembled) ferment's going in any state and even finished product (carboys full of booze) and unless I'm actually in the process of distilling or at least have the head/column/boiler all assembled I am not breaking any law?
Not sure how accurate this is but I've always been under the assumption that possession of Moonshine is illegal, not just manufacture... Based on that assumption, it would also be illegal to possess a decanter of liquor but not the original bottle it was purchased in which would be proof of tax payment... Bars are subject to such scrutiny and I'm sure if push came to shove that it would also carry over into the privacy of ones own home should the law have reason to stop by... Remember, it's an issue of taxation and proof of payment falls on you as you are guilty until proven innocent under such circumstances...
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

ok

Post by Uncle Jesse »

It's illegal to possess untaxed liquor. It's illegal to set up a still with the intent to make beverage alcohol. It's illegal to ferment with the intent of making beverage alcohol.

It's not illegal to own a still. Many bars and restaurants have old stills on display for example. If you are going to make beverages and hook up the still with a heat source, you have to register it with the feds first which means filing an application and all that hassle.

This of course is the U.S. law, your regulations may vary.
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

Ive been threw Georgia a few times and theres a lot of Stills in peoples front yard as a gag I guess. Seen many of them around Lake Hartwell area...
Old Goat
Novice

Post by Old Goat »

Yes it is illegal to operate a still to produce likker in the USA, but, my personal opinion, (we all know what opinions are) is that small stills that produce for home consumption, are not going to have the revenue'rs knocking down there doors. They are interested in illegal distilleries producing illicit alcohol for profit. Also, I have a flex fuel motor, so, I can use my shine as fuel if I don't drink it up first :lol:
Have fun, get high, just don't Drink and Drive.
Moonshine is the next best thing to sex, and at my age, let the moon shine on!
Old_Blue
Rumrunner

Post by Old_Blue »

State laws are all different. S.C. has it pretty much wrapped up:

61-6-4100
It is unlawful for a person in this State to manufacture, sell, give, or have in his possession a distillery, commonly called a still, or any integral part of a distillery, or an apparatus, appliance, device, or substitute therefor to be used for the purpose of manufacturing alcoholic liquors, in violation of the laws of this State.
The unexplained possession of any part of a still, apparatus or appliance, or any device or substitute therefor, commonly or generally used for or that is suitable to be used in the manufacture of prohibited alcoholic liquors is prima facie evidence of the violation of this section.

61-6-4120
It is unlawful to make, manufacture, transport, possess, or knowingly permit upon one's premises mash, wort, wash, buck, or other similar material or compound suitable for or commonly used in the manufacture of alcoholic liquors with the intent that the material or compound be used in the manufacture of alcoholic liquors in violation of the laws of this State; the making, manufacture, transportation, possession, or knowingly permitting upon one's premises such material or compound is considered to be a part of the process of the manufacture of alcoholic liquors; and a person found in possession of the material or compound or found at a place where the material or compound is stored, kept, made, manufactured, or found is prima facie guilty of a violation of this section.

Can't have one, anything that looks like one, or anything that could be used as one. Its all about intent.
Fire is the devil’s only friend - Don McLean
Jump in where you can and hang on - Brisco Darling
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

hmm

Post by Uncle Jesse »

interesting, I suppose they're a bit tighter in the Southern states where moonshining is more of a tradition.
Old_Blue
Rumrunner

Post by Old_Blue »

Its all about intent.
We're also a three tier state. Follow the money...
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

i aint never made no likker an aint gonna in the future.

- the unexplained posesion -
lot of them show off outfits got a pin hole in the botom of the ketle.

so im tole
absinthe
Rumrunner

Post by absinthe »

well going by

"It is unlawful to make, manufacture, transport, possess, or knowingly permit upon one's premises mash, wort, wash, buck, or other similar material or compound suitable for or commonly used in the manufacture of alcoholic liquors"

then home brew beer could fall into the illegal side of things
Whiskey, the most popular of the cold cures that don't work (Leonard Rossiter)
Kevin Lunsford
Novice

Post by Kevin Lunsford »

:D And when the ATF gives you a visit you can say "But Uncle J said its OK' TELL IT TO THE JUDGE!!!!!!!!!
IF YOU MAKE MOONSHINE IN THE USA WITHOUT A REGISTERED STILL,THEN YOU ARE A FELON--5 YEARS IN FED. PRISON AND $10,000 FINE.
tHERE ARE NO PRIVATE 'HOME DISTILLERYS' IN THE USA!!!!!!!
DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS------CALL YOUR LOCAL ATF AND ASK.
Uncle J --You clain to be a real distillery? What is your lable brand-this wouls have to be registered in your state-where can we buy your moonshine? If you are a real distillery we would be able to buy it.
Uncle J gave you the parts of the LAW that he wanted you to see.
Go to the PDF files Part 29.55 which shows that EVERY still will Be REGISTERED. Even the ones that people put on their front yards.
Also beer and wine are covered by different laws-sorry.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

uh

Post by Uncle Jesse »

no, you only have to register an active still guy. sheeesh. that's what "set up" means. read more carefully.

California doesn't care if I own a still. the feds only care if I'm gonna use it.

*rolls eyes*
Kevin Lunsford
Novice

Post by Kevin Lunsford »

:roll: Sorry again Uncle J,
Just went to REVENOOR.COM , They DO NOT sell legal stills!!!!!!!!
They are just for oils an gas. NOT FOR MOONSHINE!!!!!! Different LAWS!!!!
Moonshine for gas MUST be mixed with REAL gas so you CANNOT drink it!!!!!
NO ONE CAN OWN A MOONSHINE STILL FOR PERSONAL USE. THAT IS THE LAW IN THE USA!!!!!!!
GET OVER IT!!!!!
IF YOU OWN A MOONSHINE STILL, YOU ARE A CRIMINAL. SUBJECT TO FEDERAL LAW-DONT BLAME ME FOR YOUR CRIMES!!!!!

GO TO TITLE 27, CHAP.1 PART 29-NOT JUST THE 'COVER'PAGE THAT UNCLE J. GAVE YOU.
READ THE WHOLE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

man alive

Post by Uncle Jesse »

why are you so argumentative?

I bought both my commercial stills from the Revenoor. I know 2 other folks going for licenses who did the same.

Call them and ask for yourself before you spread incorrect info.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

here

Post by Uncle Jesse »

http://www.revenoor.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=21&step=4

notice the "beverage option".

also Terry who owns the place has had 2 potential distillers call me to talk about their desire to open beverage distilleries and ask me how I like using this type of still.
Kevin Lunsford
Novice

Post by Kevin Lunsford »

:roll: Great Uncle J, Im glad you agree with me!!!!!
IF YOU BUY A STILL FROM REVENOOR.COM YOU MUST REGISTER IT TO BE LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
uNCLE j SAYS IF YOU BUY A STILL AND DO NOT DO THE PAPERWORK. YOU ARE A CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tHANKS uNCLE J FOR THE CLARIFICATION.
"Still" waiting to get a way to buy your LEGAL moonshine, as are we all.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

yeh

Post by Uncle Jesse »

like I say it's legal to own a still but not to use it unless you register it first.

well, you can make distilled water or essential oils but I believe there's a law saying how big your still can be if you want to do essential oils. I'm not in the mood to look it up.

As for legal stuff, as soon as we have a product for sale I hope to offer it through Mondo Liquors which also sells the great products from our pals up at Tuthilltown and other small guys so check it out.

http://mondoliquor.storesecured.com/
mikeac
Swill Maker

Post by mikeac »

Kevin you don't seem to believe UJ's claim to have a legal distillery, try a quick read through this link:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2833
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out of it alive.
Kevin Lunsford
Novice

Post by Kevin Lunsford »

8) I went to your site Mikeac, dated Aug 2006. It tells me nothing. I dont care about Uncle J being legal or not. That is not the point of this post.

But now Uncle J as come out and admitted that he KNEW about the laws all the time. Since this forum has been up he has "LEFT OUT" that it is ILLEGAL to own an UNREGISTERED STILL!!!!!!

I guess this post is now put to rest. Dont buy a still from an unregistered dealer- like Stilldringin.com.
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

Dude Have a drink and chill out :roll:
Old_Blue
Rumrunner

Post by Old_Blue »

Whew... :roll:

Anyway...Absinthe wrote:
then home brew beer could fall into the illegal side of things
Within this chapter are provisions for beer/wine that follows the federal regs.

Possessing the wash alone, especially if other equipment used for brewing beer and making wine is present then that's what your doing. Its when the "other" equipment and the mash/wash together makes a problem. I believe they call this totality of the circumstances or something similar.

Just another angle for them to come after you with if they want to.