stilldrinkin realmccoymoonshinestills rkhelp bluegrassmoonsh

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Pikluk
Swill Maker

Post by Pikluk »

10$ worth of long distance phone and 3 months laters...
still got nothing...
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

Pikluk wrote:10$ worth of long distance phone and 3 months laters...
still got nothing...
Well, you have a better knowledge of the fact that you need to research "unknown" businesses working over the internet, prior to plunking down your hard earned payola on the line.

H.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

bradinwva wrote:Rob called me thursday and mine has shipped. We'll just have to wait and see now.
I bet he wasn't able to provide a tracking number for that shipment...
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

The never ending thread here, I'm happy to have read that one person got there money back. I hope my pictures here helped him decide going that route. After many hours reading here and A Lot of friendly suggestions I finally have some results! I made some wine from Pintoshines recipe and some help from wineo and nutmg1 I gots me some mighty fine Brandy! Thanks guys. I've Had to make Many changes on this still. Anybody here that has ordered a still from these A-Holes and needs some advice on what to change,modify,replace. Please feel free to email me and I'll be happy to help in any way. First thing I suggest doing, throw that stupid mason jar out! What a Joke.
I'm glad that the Mods here have left this thread up and I hope they will for a Long time.
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

well my still came in today and honestly the places they brazed look pretty good. I didnt get the fermenting barrel but I'll call on that tomorrow. I have the flu and dont really feel like fooling with it much but I sure could have saved myself a couple of hundred bucks by doing it myself.
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

Trust me Brad I feel your pain, along with a few others here I'm sure. But don't let it get ya down to much. Make a batch, Sip and Enjoy!
gs_moonshine
Bootlegger

Post by gs_moonshine »

When i was fisrt starting out I bought a couple of recipes there. I wished I hadn't because i found the same recipes on the net for free. I did receive recipes in a timely manner. I purchased my first still off from ebay and from that still and research on here and the net I now just make my own.
Pikluk
Swill Maker

Post by Pikluk »

lately i only get the machine "we are out probably doing something cool don't leave a message because we don't check them..."

if you don't believe me that the message sounds like that just call 248-230-4196
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

heres the address that was on my still if it might help.
6055 Blowers Dr.
Comstock Park, MI 49321
gs_moonshine
Bootlegger

Post by gs_moonshine »

comstock park michigan, hell thats only like 40 minutes from me. Thats interesting.
Pikluk
Swill Maker

Post by Pikluk »

from that address i found
http://www.abacusauto.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
The more you read the more you learn.
The more you learn the more you realize you don't know shit :)
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

If that's the true address it maps out to what looks like a junkyard - which I don't find surprising... Have a look using satellite view and zoom in as far as possible...
BW Redneck
Trainee

Post by BW Redneck »

Pikluk wrote:from that address i found
http://www.abacusauto.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Heh, used car/parts dealer. Don't trust 'em one bit now! :lol: :roll:
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance... baffle them with bullshit."
"Don't steal. The government hates competition."
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see"

20lt small pot still, working on keg
bradinwva
Novice

Post by bradinwva »

thats what was on both of the shipping lables that came on my stuff.
big worm
Trainee

Post by big worm »

rad14701 wrote:If that's the true address it maps out to what looks like a junkyard - which I don't find surprising... Have a look using satellite view and zoom in as far as possible...
hahaha best not look at my place.....it aint junk its treasures
GOT BAIT?
small children left unatended will be sold as bait
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

bradinwva wrote:thats what was on both of the shipping lables that came on my stuff.
So I guess it's safe to assume that customers have been doing business with a junk dealer... That can't make members who are still waiting on deliveries feel all warm, fuzzy, and full of confidence... If it wasn't for the fact that they just might keep records I might ponder how many anonymous complaints the ATF would need to launch an investigation... They probably already monitor this site anyway so "Hey, ATF guys, did you notice that address?"... :twisted:
nutmg1
Swill Maker

Post by nutmg1 »

Pikluk wrote:from that address i found
That's great.

Their web site evern has stills.

I'm going to call that number tomorrow. They can't not answer that if its their real business.

I sit at a desk all day long. I'll call every hour until they ship.
papatater
Novice

Post by papatater »

did any one find out any more info on stilldrinkin .com i made a report to my local police they said they get back to me in a couple of weeks just want to make sure i got all the info i can get on these guys thxs
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

papatater wrote:did any one find out any more info on stilldrinkin .com i made a report to my local police they said they get back to me in a couple of weeks just want to make sure i got all the info i can get on these guys thxs
So, you told the police that stilldrinkin.com defrauded you of your illegal apparatus purchase... That's makes as much sense as telling them that someone stole your crack... Nothing like throwing up a red flag that you partake in illegal activities... Yeah, they'll get back to you alright - but probably not in the way you think... Let's just hope they don't get back to you with a no-knock warrant...
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

I don't believe this for a New York second. I'm sure you called the police and they just said " they said they get back to me in a couple of weeks"
Come on.. You cant be serious here. I think the Very First thing they would ask is why are you buying that?
Having a little fun are we Rob?
nutmg1
Swill Maker

I called Abacusauto

Post by nutmg1 »

The guy who answered at abacusauto said he rents a bay to stilldrinkin. He said he thinks there still alive but hasn't seen them walking around in a week or so.

I still get the stupid "were probably out doing something cool" message when I call them.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

papatater you just compromized you an your location. now you - an your voice if you called an/or your photo if you didnt - is in brand new shiny files with a couple diferent agencys besides the police.
one of em is the irs
thats just plain outstandin

an if you is that outfit maker im herein some of the folks you got was getin it for folks temporaly in far away places from there pooled moneys an they know

so im tole
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

This thread makes me think of this
Odd news (aus)
man report marijuana theft --gets busted
Jetzon
Swill Maker

Post by Jetzon »

Doesn't it D!?! Call The cops! Somebody stole my weed!
I watched that show Cops one time and this guy called the cops cause this lady ripped him off on buying some crack. They arrested him for trying to buy an illegal substance.. True story.. :?
trthskr4
Distiller

Registered stills

Post by trthskr4 »

Hey everybody, I hope I am doing this right. Does any body know if kits are supposed to be registered? If I bought a kit could I still get a permit with it for a small ethanol fuel plant? I have the permit paperwork and the still has to have a serial number. As for registering it or it being registered/ selling unregistered stills I have no idea on that subject. Is there somewhere I can go to look at the laws pertaining to this subject without needing a law degree to understand?

Great site by the way. Chock slap full of good info. Almost too much to digest.
rad14701
retired

Re: Registered stills

Post by rad14701 »

trthskr4 wrote:Hey everybody, I hope I am doing this right. Does any body know if kits are supposed to be registered? If I bought a kit could I still get a permit with it for a small ethanol fuel plant? I have the permit paperwork and the still has to have a serial number. As for registering it or it being registered/ selling unregistered stills I have no idea on that subject. Is there somewhere I can go to look at the laws pertaining to this subject without needing a law degree to understand?

Great site by the way. Chock slap full of good info. Almost too much to digest.
You need to check both state and federal laws pertaining to legal distillation... Very few so-called still manufacturers are legally producing them, otherwise they would be required to have a copy of your permits on record before shipping and they would also have to keep records of what registration number was assigned to you... There should be a listing of links on the main site...
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

yeh

Post by Uncle Jesse »

If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Bsnapshot
Swill Maker

Post by Bsnapshot »

this was on the stilldrining web sight... LOL

Please Note:
This website has been sold and is under new management and ownership, to serve you better. There will be more information in the near future. All Products will be available onine in the next 2 to 3 Days. Thank You...
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

Sounds like this groups soapbox warnings had a "hopefully" good outcome on those scam artists.

However, like a cockroach infestation, I am sure they will crawl out somewhere else, in short order.

H.
trthskr4
Distiller

Post by trthskr4 »

Yeah, they'll change the name on the website to one of their buddies and all past transactions will be null and void with no way to get your product or money back. Sorry to be a buzz kill but I've been down that road before. Scum like that will get away with what they do, and someone else not bothering anyone will get a jaywalking ticket. Maybe if you've done business with them you can turn them in to the SEC or FBI and plea bargain out of the illegal still purchase for bigger arrest of these guys. I'd bust that scrawny little girl in the photos too. Crap I don't have sense enough to paste one of those little smiley Wal-Mart dudes here. Oh well.[/img]