The heads of my first turbo wash had the same smell along with a wet cardboard box odor. I just added everything back in the boiler, added water to make it 40-42%, added some salt and some baking soda and did a spirit run and it turned out great. Ended up with 4¾ quarts of the most neutral stuff I've made to date. Virtually no detectable smell other than the unmistakable ethanol scent and twinge to the nose hairs.
I collected 500ml of heads but should have been more like 750-1L as it does have an odor that I can't quite place, not unpleasant, just can't quite describe it. Another quart of hearts with a hint of what I should have cut as heads and then the main product and then another 4¾ quarts of neutral hearts. Never got into tails on the run as I shut the still down after 8 hours. Dang sometimes fun becomes work. Guess the good thing is that 8 hours of fun/work has made enough neutral for me to last better than a year at my consumption rate.
I'd probably try the spirit run just for practice if nothing else. I know from being a beginner that the more I use the still the more familiar I get with it's sounds and how it performs. Even if you can't the ethyl acetate out and still have to scrap it, at least you can gain some experience with your still for the next run.