Ordinary beer does contain a small amount of methanol. Sugar washes may contain a small amount of methanol. Technically if it's just sugar, water, and yeast it shouldn't contain methanol, but it's not going to ferment either so there won't be much there except sweet water.
You will not go blind from drinking your own home brew. You will never go blind from drinking a non distilled product unless it has had methanol added to it.
Do you know what they do in the hospital for methanol poisoning? They administer pharmaceutical grade ethanol intravenously because ethanol is the antidote for methanol.
So there is no problem with drinking home brew, go make a batch of sugar head and drink yourself sick.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck