All my runs taste the same.

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HDNB
Site Mod

Re: All my runs taste the same.

Post by HDNB »

Saltbush Bill wrote: Many of the better and more experience distillers whom I have met in real life air for longer than 24 hours, some for up to a week and more.
thanks for the validation :ebiggrin:

i have the luxury of cool, still air in the shop. one day is not enough, neither is two. then i usually forget for a few days and by the end of the week, it's nice!

if it was warmer or the air moved more i may be more concerned about it.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Pikey wrote:Sometimes I think we learn more trying to help newbies than in all the "Scholarly discussions" :lol:
That happens only as long as we chose to help newbies and answer their questions, instead of constantly telling them to read read read.
Often they only get to read one side of the story and that story is not always 100% correct.
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

Saltbush Bill wrote:
Pikey wrote:Sometimes I think we learn more trying to help newbies than in all the "Scholarly discussions" :lol:
That happens only as long as we chose to help newbies and answer their questions, instead of constantly telling them to read read read.
Often they only get to read one side of the story and that story is not always 100% correct.
I think it comes from the diverging advice which they are given and which encourages us to think deeper about certain aspects of the problem, rather than just regurgitatng site dogma, but yes it comes from interaction.

That "Read, read, read" response seems less prevalent nowadays, but yes there is a need to read.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

I learn new stuff every day.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Yes, I do too. Mostly because I made a mistake or I want something new.