Project Thus Far

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Chixter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Project Thus Far

Post by Chixter »

My 8 gallon pot still arrived from Brewhause this week. I must say, I'm impressed with the fit and finish. Yesterday I assembled it, in place of the thermo-port plug I inserted one of my check valve type pressure gauges. I sealed everything up and charged the unit with 15psi of compressed air. 30 hrs later, the gauge needle hasn't moved. This is a very good indicator of a nice tight system. Right now, I'm running full steam ahead with a water/vinegar solution. A check of all joints with mirror shows no leaks. The electric band only took 55 minutes to get the water and vinegar boiling, but without a controller it is not a desirable heat source. My Bayou arrives Monday. Tomorrow, I will strip a 10% ABV potential sugar wash that is cleared and ready. I will also get to test my condenser function. None of this ethanol will be used for consumption.This is my cleaning run, I'm fairly satisfied the internals will be properly cleaned, after 2 runs. (strip & spirit) of the sugar wash. I will start fermenting a 1st generation batch of UJSSM withing the next day or so, my intended first run (for medicinal purposes) will be next weekend.
When I was a boy, I prayed for a bicycle. I soon learned G~d doesn't work like this so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.
Tater
Admin

Re: Project Thus Far

Post by Tater »

:thumbup: sounds great .Good luck.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Nice. sounds like you are getting a good handle on things. got any photos?
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
jackpinesavage
Novice

Post by jackpinesavage »

That sounds great, good luck!
JPS
Like a lumberjack but wilder
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

You put your reading time to good use and applied what you read . Kind of feel bad for you .
Once you start down this rabbit hole the way you have there is no coming back . Welcome to the dark side :wave:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .