Cloudy ujssm?

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Diesel410
Swill Maker

Cloudy ujssm?

Post by Diesel410 »

Well this is a first for me and I'm puzzled as to why it is lookin for some answers.i had done 2 runs of ujssm from my 20 gal wash and the 2nd run came out cloudy it started at around 90 proof.taste and smells fine just cloudy. The first run I did that day is clear as hell. Runnin it through a 2in pot still
cuginosgrizzo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Cloudy ujssm?

Post by cuginosgrizzo »

Hi Diesel, since you started at 90 proof I gather that you are talking about a stripping run, correct? Either you puked a little, or you got some cloudy tails in it. Did you notice if it started to get cloudy late in the run, or it just started like this?

In either case I wouldn't worry a bit. My stripping runs are often cloudy: when you spirit run it it will get crystal clear.
Diesel410
Swill Maker

Post by Diesel410 »

Just noticed it around the 90 proof mark . Right around that time I noticed I wasn't filling up the quarts as fast so I upped the heat .puking does make sense I've just never had it happen . I usually don't run my corn likker twice but I guess I will have to to clear it up
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

My stripping runs always finish cloudy because the fusel oils come out of solution at the low abvs I run to.