Sweet summer rain

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Ronin frog
Novice

Sweet summer rain

Post by Ronin frog »

High there and hello again...
I’m Ronin Frog,I’ve been in the hobby now for a few years now,-)(about 2 years before that stupid show moonshiners)
But I digress, one thing I learned early and focused on was my condenser . Arguably the most important part of any distillation apparatus.my best (I’ve built a few stills) design is actually a copper Liebig condenser with 11/4”(one and a quarter)jacket portion and a half inch copper pipe that gets cooled and distillate flows thru.and it’s pretty long at 26”
I’ve always said with a good condenser you can make a teapot into a still,I’ve scraped bunch of boilers but pretty much found a cooling apparatus that can knock down a wall of hot vapor.
I’ve also moved completely to electric.hot water heater element. I just wanted to stop by and say high.
And I also found a place called winco foods they got the jugs of corn syrup for 1.99$ and it’s the large size 32 ounces.
It my friends is the best tasting wash I ever work with. And the Dista late is like sweet summer rain
NcHooch
retired

Re: Sweet summer rain

Post by NcHooch »

Welcome Ronin.
I've used corn syrup before as well but I was boosting a partial mash with it, so it didn't quite taste like summer rain. ;)
NChooch
Practice safe distillin and keep your hobby under your hat.