Build recommendations

Simple pot still distillation and construction with or without a thumper.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Steve3730
Bootlegger

Re: Build recommendations

Post by Steve3730 »

Danespirit wrote:A valve on the fill port..?
I assume it's going to be a massive one...
Do you plan any kind of support for the Liebig? (not that it necessarily needs one).
Looking good.. :thumbup:
ya its a 2" port we'll either pump it in or gravity feed it.

The liebig feels sturdy but i know once there is water in it and the hoses are pulling on it a little we're better off supporting it. So going to build a stand that will not only give us clearance for the drain under it but we'll also have support coming off the stand for the liebig
Steve3730
Bootlegger

Post by Steve3730 »

Well after months we're finally running it! Few things left to do on it but its distilling water!
Steve3730
Bootlegger

Post by Steve3730 »

Picture helps!
Attachments
20170529_184932_resized_1.jpg
rgreen2002
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgreen2002 »

She looks great! I bet she will produce a fine drop. That is how you up your game!! :mrgreen:
HD Glossary - Open this
A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers - start here
BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS FROM HOME DISTILLER
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
alohashine
Novice

Post by alohashine »

Looks awesome. Just curious where u can buy the copper parts, I would like to build something similar.
Last edited by acfixer69 on Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unwanted advertisment
Steve3730
Bootlegger

Post by Steve3730 »

alohashine wrote:Looks awesome. Just curious where u can buy the copper parts, I would like to build something similar.

]

Plumbing supply houses. except the triclamp copper ferrule I ordered from dragonstills.
Steve3730
Bootlegger

Post by Steve3730 »

Did our first stripping run in this thing and wow it worked exactly how I had planned. Once we got our desired output we set the electric controller and just let her flow for 8 hours. ran about 22 gallons of distillers beer through it 11 gallons on the first run, than opened the drain discarded what was left, dumped another 11 gallons in through the fill port and the stream started flowing again. The drain and fillport made switching runs a 15 minute process, the break down with the triclamps and unions made clean up a breeze.

Thanks for everyone's input that made this still come out as a game changer for us!