bubblifier

Vapor, Liquid or Cooling Management. Flutes, plates, etc.

Moderator: Site Moderator

condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

bubblifier

Post by condensificator »

...so, i am starting to collect parts for my bubbler...it's driving me crazy looking in from the outside on all of the flute threads...gonna be a fun winter!

i'm going with completely a modular design. each 3" tall section will be stacked on the last and joined with a tri-clamp....like a roll of lifesavers. the plates themselves will sit in a recess that is turned into the ferrule on the section below. this way, when i unclamp each section, the plate will just come right out, they will not be soldered. i'll be bale to swap them in an instant.

got it all planned out in my head. should be a lot easier to build (in some ways), and infinitely easier to clean...as well as be able to modify and test all of the different variables...number of plates, section(s) of copper packing, different types of plates, etc. i'm going to do the sight glasses with 2" tri-clamp ferrules like i have done on other projects.

going to use formed sheet instead of reducers, so it should be pretty unique.
should keep me busy til spring...

i'll be posting updates when something happens...seems like y'all like pictures...i know i do!
LWTCS
Site Mod

Re: bubblifier

Post by LWTCS »

bubblifier,,,,,,,,,,,,, :roll: :roll: :wink: :ebiggrin: :D :lol: 8)
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Manback
Swill Maker

Post by Manback »

Sounds like exactly what I'm doing :D Mean.
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

Manback wrote:Sounds like exactly what I'm doing :D Mean.
not meant to be mean...just building on all of the knowledge that i have gathered from reading all of the bubbler threads. i'm stealing from everyone i can, and hopefully i'll end up giving something back.

...and you know what they say..."great minds think alike!"

i have all of the stainless stuff on order. need to pick up a boatload of solder, sheet of copper, and some 4" pipe.
Manback
Swill Maker

Post by Manback »

Sorry, I meant mean like...

Meeaaaan.

In a good way. It's what we say down unda. :P

I don't give a fuck about 'stealing' ideas - all about it!! :lol: That's how they get improved and I didn't even come up with the initial concept anyway I don't think

You doing yours in 4"?
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

yeah man! it's gonna be 4"...i was trying to get on some 6", but prolly better i didn't find any...this is already gonna be spendy.

like i said, i'm stealing everything that i can! it is really neat to see how fast it evolves and how helpful everyone is....

it's actually gonna cost me less than i was thinking at first, and more than likely less than the 3"T (which is still patiently waiting for its first actual likker run...gots to get me some more fermenters so i can do some sugar washes..)
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

got some more parts, but i still need to find some more thick pyrex....can't find that stuff!

i got some 1/2" tight 180° returns on the cheap to use for downcomers/j-traps...i'll prolly have a bunch leftover and i'll put em up in the classifieds.

going through my copper junk and i think i have most of it ready to lay out. need to buy a big sheet, and i'm on the job.
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

cant wait!!!!!!
4" plate column >>>[/color] the flame that burns twice as bright only burns half as long
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

bubblifier, condesificator, thumpificator...... Shit, you got some bad ass words man. I like it. 8)
-Control Freak-
AKA MulekickerHDbrownNose
Kentucky shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Kentucky shinner »

damn brother.. I cant wait, and hell yes we like pics.... Oh ya ... YOu suck man.. :ewink: :ewink:
cant wait.
KS
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

it's on.

i'm either doing 9 or ten plate modules...the pics show ten sight glass assemblies. the 1/2" U's will be used for j-traps for the reflux return so i won't have to do standard downcomers. got some nice thick copper for the plates and to form the reducers out of. not 100% sure on the dephlag yet, but most likely some sort of shotgun situation.
4" pipe should be on its way shortly (thanks izzy).

these pics show the way the sight glasses are put together. there is a recess turned into the working-side ferrule, then the glass is pressed in and sealed with a standard tri-clamp gasket. a quick turn of teflon tape helps seat the glass to the metal and keeps the plastic cops at bay. the "watch glasses" are cool as f*ck, but i don't know if they will end up being what i end up going with. they are neat little convex lenses, but they are thin, and very irregular, and i had to lap them a long time to get em flat...cracked one that wasn't flat enough...i have a diamond hole saw that i can just cut flat glass to replace any more that crack. but, they do seal up really well.

the plates will be held into the sections the same way the glasses are. there will be a recess turned into the ferrule and the gasket and tri-clamp will hold it in place and make a seal.

i am trying to figure out a way to make one of the modules incorporate an adjustable vapor takeoff that will be able to me moved around to different levels and/or with different amounts of plate modules, but still tie into the main product-out vapor condenser.

fun fun.
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

This is going to look so cool :ebiggrin: , I don't think I have ever seen so many tri-clamps, you must have shares in that company. :mrgreen:
I can't wait for the next episode.

OD
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......
DOLIKEADRINK
Bootlegger

Post by DOLIKEADRINK »

Holly Snaping Duckshit Batman $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ This will be awesome :D :D

Cheers: Dolikeadrink
"Your putting on the agony but missing all the style" Ya want a good Still PM olddog
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

:shock:
4" plate column >>>[/color] the flame that burns twice as bright only burns half as long
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

WTFF do you think your **cking doing?

DUDE,,,,,do what you do.

Is ya gone make us pay to watch?

I privately wanna take off my clothes and roll round all nem parts,,,,,in private a course.

Can't stop mumbling to my self.
pumpman
Swill Maker

Post by pumpman »

Yall are SICK,. condens in a good way but Larry I'm starting to wander about you brother. :lol:
Likker in the front and poker in the rear
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

condensificator, I'm simply at a loss for words... :shock:

The only thing that comes to mind is, "Adopt Me!"... :twisted:
Kentucky shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Kentucky shinner »

:shock: :shock: :shock: HOLY F(*&(^(*^(*^%%$&^%^()* yep will wonka is coming to life folks.. Hey man watcha been smoking :!: :!: anyone with the freakin mind that you have must be high... I can wait to see this shitt... No breaks man we can wait.. get your ass working and show us many many many pics.......
DAMN IT MAN...
You rock bitch :eugeek: :eugeek: 8) 8)
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Don't stroke out KS :mrgreen:
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

LWTCS wrote:Don't stroke out KS
You better change hands, or you will get blisters. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OD
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

...y'all gonna see...might take a bit, but y'all'll see! gots me some good idears.

O mother-F*ing C to the D
WalkingWolf
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by WalkingWolf »

No more finance references -- obviously the man doesn't have to add it up before he hits the send key. He only seems to be limited by what goes on between his ears. I would love to half that limited. :mrgreen:

Great work Condensificator -- it's like unwrapping a present everytime I see a new post you put up.
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

WalkingWolf wrote:No more finance references -- obviously the man doesn't have to add it up before he hits the send key. He only seems to be limited by what goes on between his ears. I would love to half that limited. :mrgreen:

Great work Condensificator -- it's like unwrapping a present everytime I see a new post you put up.
thanks...and thanks!

yeah, i make a lot of loot...i am very fortunate to have my wares in great demand. i have always had to have a "side project" in the shop to daydream about...keeps me motivated while grinding out the stuff that pays the bills...this particular distraction just makes the night shift a little easier to get through...if ya know what i mean!!!

...so yeah, back to work so i can buy some more fittings...and steal some more time to grind some more copper...
pumpman
Swill Maker

Post by pumpman »

Damn I wish I still worked in a fab shop. Guy that fixed my computer has a nice shop at home I just need to get him motivated.
Likker in the front and poker in the rear
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

Imagefirst set of plates will be bubble caps. i also want to try valved plates, but i am waiting for more reviews before i put the time into em.

since i am using the j-traps instead of std downcomer and cup trap, i'll be able to put in 6 caps on each plate. 10 x 6 makes 60 slotted caps that i need to bust out! wow. yes, this will keep my busy for a while.

got some more ideas for accessories. pre fill port. vapor takeoff. coil dephlag?
using the tri-clamps ferrules for sight windows give a lot of versatility.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

condensificator wrote:pre fill port
How much liquid do you plan on allowing to accumulate on your plates?? Goodly reflux will self fill your plates,,,,,,,,or are you planning on charging W/flavor juice?
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

exactly. not the quantity that i was thinking of, but the composition. having the thumper on my pot has gotten me thinking about such things...flavorizational type stuff that is.

i'm gonna leave the liquid level downcomer opening adjustable by just soldering a small section of 1/2 coupler onto the plate, and i'll be able to cut different size risers to play with the liquid level.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

condensificator wrote:having the thumper on my pot has gotten me thinking about such things...flavorizational type stuff that is.
Always on my mind too and certainly the primary bit of motivation. Second was breaking the 90s. Tough to do without the forced reflux.
Come full circle now and could give a cus about the 90s really. At least on the first part of my runs.
I'm using the dephleg as a pre-take off vapor stacking kind of tool. Sort of my interpretation of what Mr. Arroyo talks about in his paper.
Then I shut the cooling down and run her as a pot till the abv drops too aggressively. Lots of florals in the hearts.
Then I'll turn on the reflux again and stack the remaining bit into the column and do my best to collect as nuetral.
I recon an array of thermometers would help me make the call a bit easier?

Certainly am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Mr.Spooky
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mr.Spooky »

i know that you cant sit stil for too long, so youl be around here soon... hows that bubblifier going???
spooky
condensificator
Site Donor
Site Donor

still waiting on a few things to show up. i've been rumming my ass off lately, so that's been taking up my fun time. once the pipe shows, i'm sure it'll get going.

...you'll know...you'll know...