a list of things purchased for my 3" boka

Vapor, Liquid or Cooling Management. Flutes, plates, etc.

Moderator: Site Moderator

markieb
Site Donor
Site Donor

a list of things purchased for my 3" boka

Post by markieb »

hi guys managed to save up enough for another bash at making a bokakob style column and keg still.
last time wasnt so successful as the copper pipe and fittings never turned up from china (think they robbed me on that one)it worked out about £50 cheaper but unfortunately if it doesnt turn up then it doesnt work out cheaper works out alot more expensive.
so ive been reading and reading and reading some more as advised by all the great folks here for the past year and a bit.
ive brought a load of stuff from a more reputable site jtmplumbing and yes fleabay hoping the fleabay stuff turns up as its from ... yes china and hong kong.

Unit Price Quantity Line Price
Copper Pipe (Copper Pipe: 15mm x 2mtr)
Yorkshire/Lawton/Cubralco Copper Pipe (COP104)
· Copper Pipe: 15mm x 2mtr
Copper Pipe (Copper Pipe: 76mm x 1.5mtr)
Yorkshire/Lawton/Cubralco Copper Pipe (COPP40)
· Copper Pipe: 76mm x 1.5mtr
Endfeed fitting reducer (endfeed XL: 35 x 15)
JTM Endfeed Copper Fitting Reducer (EF0507)
· Size: 35 x 15
Endfeed fitting reducer (endfeed XL: 76 x 35)
JTM Endfeed Copper Fitting Reducer (EF0523)
· Size: 76 x 35
Endfeed end cap (endfeed XL: 76mm)
JTM Endfeed end cap (EF1010)
· Size: 76mm
End Feed Long Radius Street Bend ( Copper Fitting: 15mm)
JTM Endfeed Long Radius Street Bend (EF2302)
· Size: 15mm
End Feed Long Radius Street Bend ( Copper Fitting: 22mm)
JTM Endfeed Long Radius Street Bend (EF2303)
· Size: 22mm
End Feed Fitting Reducer ( Copper Fitting: 22 mm x 15 mm)
JTM Endfeed Copper Fitting Reducer (EF0505)
· Size: 22 mm x 15 mm
End Feed Reducing Tee ( Copper Fitting: 22 x 22 x 15)
JTM Endfeed Reducing Tee (EF1206)
· Size: 22 x 22 x 15
End Feed Stop End ( Copper Fitting: 22mm)
JTM Endfeed Stop End (EF1004)
· Size: 22mm

also ordered
a 2" and 3" tri clamp
2 3"inch ferrules and a tri clamp
a 3" to 2" reducer
3000w and 4000w stainless steel elements
and a 10000W 110V 220V 75A AC SCR Voltage Regulator Speed Controller Dimmer Thermostat
( 131517035520 )

ive got a large sheet of copper for free from work which was hidden in a corner all green so can act as the slant plates its about 2ft by 4ft.
also have lead free solder with lead free solder flux and a tap here and a decent blow torch the pro diy one from b and q.

from this list have i missed anything im about to go by some 6mm or 8mm copper tube for the condenser the jtm order is going to hopefully be here on monday so trying to get prepared to crack on with this so its no longer a theory no longer a dream but will be put into action and hopefully a success.

i tried to make a small version to practice my soldering with a peice of 22mm pipe but the slats solder kept cracking or wouldnt take so left gaps i guess i must of caught the flux with the blow torch so will go and buy a vice to hold the pipes to work with better.if i fail with soldering il be asking a couple people i know but trying to keep it as low profile as i can.

im in the uk so dont have shops like lowes or walmart lol.
i brought also some 6mm inner 8mm od copper tubing for the condenser and have some 22mm 28mm or 36mm pipe for the liebig arm jacket