Detailed plans needed for keg boiler

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Grayson_Stewart
retired

Post by Grayson_Stewart »

Brought over from old forum:

Jaxom
(stranger)
10/17/04 07:29 PM

Well, as I mentioned in my first post about building a mini still, I was to pick up a 1/4 barrel keg (8 gallon) this past Friday. Well, the liquir store owner didn't have any 1/4 barrel kegs that he could sell me, instead he handed me a 1/2 barrel and said i could have it for the same price!!!! ($15)

I've been up and down and all over this site and many of the links from this site, but I still haven't seen any good DETAILED plans on how to build the boiler portion. Keep in mind, I don't have a mig/tig welder or anyone I could go to have it done either.

I did see one "plan" that showed using a brass fitting sweated to a copper pipe for the arm. But this plan didn't mention size or anything. Would anyone know what size fitting this was, that matches the threads on the keg?

Jaxx

Post Extras:

BigA
(stranger)
10/17/04 08:24 PM
Re: Detailed plans needed for keg boiler [re: Jaxom]

go to moonshinestill.com. There you will find plans to modify a keg for use as a boiler without welding or just spend a little time doing a search on this forum.

Good luck,
BigA

Post Extras:

MrPlace
(stranger)
10/17/04 09:50 PM
Re: Detailed plans needed for keg boiler [re: Jaxom]

Here is the link to the modified keg. Another route you could go is to take it to a welding/sheetmetal shop and get your welding done. A small job isnt much, $15-$20.

http://www.moonshinestill.com/page18.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Post Extras:

Jaxom
(stranger)
10/18/04 07:40 PM
ooops! [re: Jaxom]

Yeah, found that site after posting last night. Looks good, if either of you have made one, see my questions under "small still pt2"

Jaxx
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.