Share Your Still Build Material Finds

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

WIski
Site Donor
Site Donor

Share Your Still Build Material Finds

Post by WIski »

So if your like me and have been bitten by the build bug you see still parts where ever you go. I've found it interesting how many normally not so apparent random pieces of metal and such can be used for our purposes. Here's an example..... https://sheboygan.craigslist.org/grd/6127949595.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I see so many things in this "strainer". A boiler, infuser, masher, mixer, storage, etc......

I wanted to start a thread because I know others are finding this stuff and dreaming as well. Not only would it be cool to share the ideas but also the resources if a member wanted to pursue a purchase.

So lets see where it goes....What do you see??? :eugeek:
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Share Your Still Build Material Finds

Post by Swedish Pride »

i made a plated still with saladbowls and it old copper guttering for a packed section.
Don't be a dick
rgreen2002
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgreen2002 »

WIski wrote:So if your like me and have been bitten by the build bug you see still parts where ever you go. I've found it interesting how many normally not so apparent random pieces of metal and such can be used for our purposes. Here's an example..... https://sheboygan.craigslist.org/grd/6127949595.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I see so many things in this "strainer". A boiler, infuser, masher, mixer, storage, etc......

I wanted to start a thread because I know others are finding this stuff and dreaming as well. Not only would it be cool to share the ideas but also the resources if a member wanted to pursue a purchase.

So lets see where it goes....What do you see??? :eugeek:
..that still practically builds itself!
HD Glossary - Open this
A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers - start here
BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS FROM HOME DISTILLER
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
seamusm53
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by seamusm53 »

WIski wrote:So if your like me and have been bitten by the build bug you see still parts where ever you go. I've found it interesting how many normally not so apparent random pieces of metal and such can be used for our purposes. Here's an example..... https://sheboygan.craigslist.org/grd/6127949595.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Buy the stainless boiler too and use the strainer to keep grains from burning at the bottom. Suspect you could add a valved drain below the lip of this strainer and save yourself a lot of work separating grains from wort.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Use the strainer as a gin box.

Once a employee of a hardware shop asked me: "Can I help you sir?"
"No, I don't think so. I am looking for things to make something else with. I have to do that myself."

Sometimes pieces get their destination only after a long time!