Montreal Area Home Distillers??

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

jcrawf
Novice

Montreal Area Home Distillers??

Post by jcrawf »

I hope this is the right section for this...

I'm looking to upgrade my rig. I'm currently running a 2 inch bok but planning a 3 inch build because bigger is better, right?
Anyway, I have found a guy in Montreal that has a couple 12 foot lengths of 3 inch type L copper for $180 each new. I'd like to find someone to share the expense and pipe with. Just checking to see if there is any interest.
I may just buy it and keep the extra 6 feet hidden from my wife.
Let me know if anybody out there is interested.

Je parle francais aussi :wink:

jcrawf
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Montreal Area Home Distillers??

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

i am from sherbrooke.
i called gnr corbus a while back and they always have 3 inch leftovers
when i called they had a 60 inch section
i could give them a call.
at worsely that size is like 400 buck for 12 feet
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
jcrawf
Novice

Post by jcrawf »

Yeah... the price is pretty solid. Its from a plumbing supplier that closed down a year ago and they're just looking to recoup costs. I may just grab it... never hurts having some extra material laying around for my next build.
MrFish
Novice

Post by MrFish »

From Sherbrooke also, often in Montreal area. I'm a newbie looking for 2in for my first build. If you answered to the same ad I answered to, that guy told me he doesn't sell less than 10 pieces at a time. According to the ad there's not even 10 of each type/size.

Where would you get 2in otherwise between Sherbrooke and MTL? Any chance in scrapyards? Plumbing supply shops?

If 2in is too complicated to get, I might go straight to 3in so let me know what you guys end up doing if we need to team up ;).

Thanks!

Fish out!
jcrawf
Novice

Post by jcrawf »

MrFish wrote:From Sherbrooke also, often in Montreal area. I'm a newbie looking for 2in for my first build. If you answered to the same ad I answered to, that guy told me he doesn't sell less than 10 pieces at a time. According to the ad there's not even 10 of each type/size.

Where would you get 2in otherwise between Sherbrooke and MTL? Any chance in scrapyards? Plumbing supply shops?

If 2in is too complicated to get, I might go straight to 3in so let me know what you guys end up doing if we need to team up ;).

Thanks!

Fish out!
2 inch is out there if you look around. I found mine at Rona in St Bruno but I have also seen it at Reno Depot. I got mine about 5 years ago and I think I paid around $90 for a 6 foot piece. The fittings are tough to find for that size and are crazy expensive. Thats one of the reasons I went with a Bok design. I'll be visiting these stores in the coming days and I'll keep my eye open for some 2" stuff for you.
MrFish
Novice

Post by MrFish »

Oh well now I feel dumb. Ruled out Home Depot and I assumed the others offered the same... Thx for the hint!
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

[quote="MrFish"]Oh well now I feel dumb. Ruled out Home Depot and I assumed the others offered the same... Thx for the hint![/quote
i got mine in magog at rona anctil.
seems like it was 40 dollars for 3 feet
to think of it that was what i paid for it.
they cut to lenghth
like i said before
gnr corbus in sherbrooke keep short sections
you say ur in sherbrooke
be fun to hook up with stillers in area
i know a few and have helped a few get started
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
jcrawf
Novice

Post by jcrawf »

dukethebeagle120 wrote:
MrFish wrote:Oh well now I feel dumb. Ruled out Home Depot and I assumed the others offered the same... Thx for the hint![/quote
i got mine in magog at rona anctil.
seems like it was 40 dollars for 3 feet
to think of it that was what i paid for it.
they cut to lenghth
like i said before
gnr corbus in sherbrooke keep short sections
you say ur in sherbrooke
be fun to hook up with stillers in area
i know a few and have helped a few get started
Pretty sure it was Rona for me too. I just checked the website and and they have 2" listed and is available for instore delivery (12 foot section)
https://www.rona.ca/en/copper-pipe-0144029--1

Hope this helps.
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

in magog they sell 3 foot sections
MrFish
Novice

Post by MrFish »

I ended up going to Reno Depot, good deal there. 20% off 111$ for a 12' section of 2". Not bad!

Problem is I'm reconsidering going 3" instead... jcrawf, what did you end up doing about that 3" the plumbing shop is selling?