Northwest New Guy

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Tarponizer
Novice

Northwest New Guy

Post by Tarponizer »

Aloha,

Like many I have lurked this site for more than a year soaking up information and learning what I do and do not want in a pot still. I live in the Northwest, fish pretty much year round, chase elk every fall and enjoy good whiskey.

My taste for whiskey goes back to high school when I found a case of Old Hermatige Pre-Prohibition bourbon in someone's trash. The bottles were all still mostly full and we drank them with relish, or I should say everything but relish! I found I liked it best plain and have been a fan ever since.

so I am building a keg pot still and will go electric, wanted to go with 240V for speed sake but have some questions which I will ask in the proper forum. This place has provided me with great insite, knowledge, inspiration and even the dream of maybe one day retiring into a distillery. Who knows? Thanks in advance for the help I have yet to receive and I look forward to sharing what I learn.

Best,

The Tarponizer
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Northwest New Guy

Post by bearriver »

Welcome to the boards from WA. :wave:

240 is a good choice.
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Welcome!!
Sounds like you have a good plan ..Excellent ...Just keep puttn the work in ..
Good Luck, Be Safe, and Keep us posted! :thumbup:
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
Red Rim
Trainee

Post by Red Rim »

And yet another from the PNW!!! Welcome!

Sounds like you already know what you want to do. Enjoy the journey.
There is no such thing as a stupid question....... Unless you didn't research it first.
iamlulu
Novice

Post by iamlulu »

I think we PNWers are flocking to this board of late. Wonder what's in the water? I'm a whiskey drinker as well and have day dreams of making the most epic whiskey EVER. :) I just made cuts on my first 1.5x UJSSM today that I ran yesterday and was enamored with the process. Good luck!
"It's like french kissing a dragon." ~John Green
RevSpaminator
Swill Maker

Post by RevSpaminator »

I too dream of epic whiskey, but I just can't keep away from it long enough for it to get there. :)
Snake Oil Whiskey And Miracle Elixir - It'll cure ya or kill ya.