GDay from down under

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post should go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

GDay from down under

Postby carpaidiem » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:13 am

It's not legal where I live to produce alcohol from a still. So I will only distill water YEA RIGHT! :lol: I have a copper top turbo 500 reflux "unit" Have made a few batches in an old unit not to good only had a very short condenser. I have made only one batch with the new one, produced 3.5 ltrs @ 94% Looking forward to picking some brains on the forum re all sorts.
carpaidiem
Novice

Re: GDay from down under

Postby fizzix » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:30 am

Welcome to the best H2O distilling site on the web, carpaidiem.
Great bunch of people here.
..Making the devil's water since 2017...
"And when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown." -Dogs, Pink Floyd
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby nuntius01 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:19 am

welcome
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=66917
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Postby thecroweater » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:24 am

Cordial welcome, don't toss the instructions you got with that still straight away, ya my run out of toilet paper :P . Unless something has changed that still comes with some deliberately bad tips on how to make krud and then spend money on fixing it, the still will make a fine product with the right methods. Do read all the required reading in the newbie section as it will rocket you ahead, here is a link to one of the most important skills that will not be in ya turbo instructions viewtopic.php?f=63&t=13261#p6815752
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
thecroweater
Site Mod

Return to ** Welcome Center **