hi everyone

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

black_labb
Novice

hi everyone

Post by black_labb »

hi
i am an engineering student in sydney australia that has a sometimes unhealthy obsession with making things. i decided that making spirits would be fun when i met a friend of my old neigbour in canada who made his own moonshine with a pressure cooker. after reading a bit and deciding i'd like to do a more safe still i found myself reading alot here and wanting to ask a few questions. its nice to be here to soak in others knowledge and maybe eventually be one of the knowledgeable ones.
rad14701
retired

Re: hi everyone

Post by rad14701 »

Welcome, black_labb...

As you've noticed, we have a wealth of information here to learn from... You can definitely do better than using a pressure cooker if you're serious about home distillation... There are many tried and true designs here in the forums and on the parent site... Do some research and ask questions before jumping right into a build... Our goal is to keep you safe and to reduce the possibility of potential problems...

Good luck...