Hi to everyone on the Forum...

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Samohon
retired

Hi to everyone on the Forum...

Post by Samohon »

Glad to find you all here @ homedistiller.org. Making my very first still (Hopefully Reflux). Have a bit of studying to do, but will certainly keep you all posted... Hello again... I'm Scottish...
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦

Beginners should visit The New Distillers Reading Lounge and the Safety and Related Issues among others...
plonker
Swill Maker

Re: Hi to everyone on the Forum...

Post by plonker »

Welcome Samohon! if you are scottish, Im wondering if you are here to make a homegrown whisky??
But welcome to homedistiller.org.. great place to be.. :ebiggrin:
Samohon
retired

Post by Samohon »

Already have a pot still which I use to make brandy from a grape/wine wash to some success :) . Whisky requires a lot more ageing in my opinion, so I just buy it from my friends instead :oops: Looking to build a new Reflux Still to make High grade Vodka, Gin, Shnapps, etc: Will post progress and maybe tutorial once I have collated the information from your fantastic site. Wish I had found you sooner. Thanks for having me... 8)
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦

Beginners should visit The New Distillers Reading Lounge and the Safety and Related Issues among others...
plonker
Swill Maker

Post by plonker »

It is probably a good idea to post your design Idea's before spending money on copper or SS.. It can save you a heap of money. The popular reflux stills are Vapor Managements and liquid management slant plates.. just post if you need some info...

Cheers
Samohon
retired

Post by Samohon »

Thanks for that plonker. I will be putting a design down first and will ask for the appropriate feedback. Just happen to be engrossed in this fantastic site. So much info... Thanks again...
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦