Newbie from Midwest

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Deke

Newbie from Midwest

Post by Deke »

Hi. I'm new to the craft. Looking for information-- like every other newbie. I'm cool with it , but the wife is quite worried that Fed agents will be rappelling down ropes from black helicopters some evening. A reasonable concern coming from the States and not the more civilized approach from NZ.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Re: Newbie from Midwest

Post by LWTCS »

Welcome Deke

Sorry to hear your missus is so fearful.

Please explain that soon your spirits will be excellant.

My missus is comming along nicely.

Kind regards
L.T.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
plonker
Swill Maker

Post by plonker »

Welcome Deke, I think to stay out of trouble, you want to keep what you are doing as quiet as possible..

I brew beer as well, which explains away an awful lot of supplies and equipment... :)
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Welcome aboard, Deke...

Your wifes concerns will help insure that she'll remain tight lipped about things... Just don't share your enthusiasm with too many friends and acquaintances as that's where the most chance of trouble will come from... Loose lips sink ships and a drunken acquaintance bragging that they know someone who distills, and spills your name, is of far greater concern... You wife has a vested interest in keeping things quiet whereas others have nothing to lose...

Are you actively fermenting and distilling or just gaining a wealth of information before starting...???

Good luck...