Hello

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

christopher
Novice

Hello

Post by christopher »

Just giving my obligatory hello, from up here in the great white north. I'm interested in making some moonshine and this site is a fantastic resource. I've been reading over the past 2-3 weeks, watching youtube videos, and have built a simple still. I really appreciate all the postings here about how to do this safely. I will post a picture of my still in the "my first" section.

If everything goes well and I like what I produce, I think I will save a lot of money in the long run while having a lot of fun. I get a 750ml bottle of whisky every 2 weeks, and that cost adds up after a while.
googe
retired

Re: Hello

Post by googe »

Welcome mate, glad you found us. You will save alot, and you will make a better product than you can buy. I started this so I could have cheap piss but have learnt theres so much more to it that I enjoy more :-). Good luck, looking forward te seeing your still
Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.
"Homer J Simpson"
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, sounds like you are entering the hobby with the right attitude as the journey is as much fun as the product (in my humble opinion). Be careful with information on YouTube some is good but some is crap as anyone can post a video. Here we have members that monitor what is posted to make sure wrong information is not disseminated upon the ranks.
christopher
Novice

Post by christopher »

Yeah there were some sketchy looking stills in some of those youtube videos :)