Hello from a Canuck

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

UAVTech
Novice

Hello from a Canuck

Post by UAVTech »

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the information that is on this site I appreciate the time and effort that many have put into answering questions.

I am new to all of this and have spent my evenings over the past few months reading this site. I have done a few batches of Rad's All Bran running it through a table top water distiller. I know I know, it was free and has peaked my interest.

I just secured a 30L stainless steel keg and am putting together ideas I have for a CCVM still to put on top of it with electric heating.

I will post the ideas that I have (nothing that hasn't been done here before) and some question I have. I am a little nervous to do this as not to p-off the folks who have built this forum into what it is, but I want to make sure that I do it right and safe.

I enjoy Vodka so that will be my starting point.

Thanks again for all the info that this site has!

UAVTech
-UAVTech-
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Re: Hello from a Canuck

Post by StillerBoy »

Hi UAVTech.. and Welcome to HD from a fellow Canuck

You state that you have in interest in building a CCVM still.. may I recommend that you also research the concentric LM design.. much more effecient and simpler to build, for neutral..

Here's a lead to start you on.. http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36382 so you can more on from that table top water distiller.. :ewink:

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
UAVTech
Novice

Post by UAVTech »

Thanks for the reply SB.

I have looked at that design for sure. For some reason when I saw the CCVM that Dad posted it just made sense to me on how it worked and how to control it. Also that most of it could be pieced together with stainless steel sanitary fittings that I could buy and take take apart and clean and piece together to run as a pot still for stripping runs.
-UAVTech-
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Sounds like a good plan..

Enjoy your build which is part of the fun of this hobby..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein