New to the site

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

NCmechanic
Site Donor
Site Donor

New to the site

Post by NCmechanic »

I have had succesfull previous experience in distilling. I'm here to further my knowledge in the craft and produce a better product. If anyone would like to aid me in doing so please feel free to do so. I'm excited to return to the hobby and I'm looking forward to communicating with others, Thank you.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Re: New to the site

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

NCmechanic wrote: If anyone would like to aid me in doing so please feel free to do so.
Bet you just knock the panties off the ladies, Huh? How could a gal resist such charm?

Feel free to help yourself to the information laid here in anticipation of your arrival.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Welcome to HD!
Scour thru the required readn and see ifn you see something that suits your fancy..Can't nobody help you ifn you don't ask ..Vague intro don't help none.
I love me some North Cackalaky ..Rough likker around the Rockingham area tho.
Chimney Rock is a bad boy ..
Good luck, start postn.
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
NCmechanic
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by NCmechanic »

I have one huge question. I know you can reuse your sugar shine "mash" over a few times. But when you make an authentic mash with malted barley and cooking the corn down can you reuse it? Or do you have to remash each time?
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

NCmechanic wrote:I have one huge question.
We would love to help you, but you need to first learn the language used in the hobby before help can be provided.. :econfused:

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein