Howdy & Thanks 4 the Add

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

SWVA Hunter
Novice

Howdy & Thanks 4 the Add

Post by SWVA Hunter »

Greetings everyone. Newbie here with more than a passing interest in home distilling - but I want to get started off right in terms of both equipment and supplies(mash, recipes, etc.). I currently am interested in making shine to bring back a Old family tradition that fell by the wayside and I whole-heartedly want to learn and pass on to my grandchildren, nrephews, etc.

Here in the corner of VA, Tenn, WV and Kentucky (I can literally be in WV in 10 min, Tenn and KY in 25 min .) Moonshine and home distillation isn't new, but unfortunately it's almost a lost art - that I wish to help rebuild.

I am open to any/all good advice, tips and constructive criticism. Thanks a lot
Mr. Swva
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Howdy & Thanks 4 the Add

Post by Pikey »

Hi and Welcome in. :)

First thin gto do is read - see the sig line in cranky posts and also there's a lot of great info in the main site.

Basically you make wine - then you cook it to brng off the volatile elements ("Hooch")

Both those parts are important.

Look forward to seeing you later "on the boards" :thumbup:
crazy
Novice

Post by crazy »

Howdy & welcome to the forum ! May you enjoy the knowledge within ~
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Now we can't let the tradition die, can we?
There's all the knowledge you need right here at HD to learn and pass down.

Welcome!
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Welcome to HD

Best place to research and develop your knowledge of the hobby..

First thing to work at is "what is it I want to make as a drop"... if it's corn shine or whatever other drop, then research for a recipe in the " Tried and True" section of the main index board.. as you read through the recipes, many times the OP with mention how and what equipment he uses.. that will start your learning development..

Enjoy the journey..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein