Newest Member

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

DevilDog03
Novice

Newest Member

Post by DevilDog03 »

Hello All,

New to the group. After separating from the service, i've been in search of a new hobby that is rewarding yet challenging. After reading up, this seems to be it. There appears to be no true "right way" to do it, but there are alot of wrong ways. I hope to be able to craft a fine master piece to share with friends and family, that can be enjoyed yet respected. If I was a carpenter, I'd make furniture... but im not!

DevilDog03
Nokum Stiff
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Newest Member

Post by Nokum Stiff »

Welcome to the forums and may I say thank you sir for your dedicated service to our country. Salute.

You have definitely picked both a challenging and rewarding hobby! The first recipe you try and get a good spirit from, the more you want to try others and see what happens.
My suggestion to get started off on the right foot would be to begin with reading the links in my signature. The experienced members have put together awesome threads to help newstillers like us to get to know the basics of this hobby, plus the majority of questions and/or concerns you might have can be answered there.

Enjoy and be safe!

---Stiff
**Voluntary reading..MANDATORY, Voluntary reading!**
Cranky's Spoon Feeding For NewStillers!
Cleaning Your Still
Glossary of HD Terms
Safety and Related Issues

quando omni flunkus moritati
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome to the forum, let me also thank you for your service. I waited until I retired to find new hobbies. Good luck and be safe!
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

None so brave as those who put their lives on the line of defense. Salute.

Hell, I'm neither a carpenter nor a distiller compared to some of the folk here.
But I'm sure getting nice enough swill that close friends beg for more.

Welcome.