New member Hello. -trying fruit liqueurs.

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

blackberry77
Novice

New member Hello. -trying fruit liqueurs.

Post by blackberry77 »

New member Hello. I'm here because I've recently begun attempting blackberry liqueur preparation since I have a lot growing.
Nokum Stiff
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New member Hello. -trying fruit liqueurs.

Post by Nokum Stiff »

Welcome to the HD forums!

I've made a couple different flavors as well just to see how they come out. So far the reception has been rather well received! I'm surrounded by apple, pear, peach and cherry orchards so I'm patiently waiting for the weather to warm up to get these things growing! :lol:
While you're prepping, I suggest reading the links in my signature. So much important information can be found there.
What kind of rig are you running? What part of the world do you call home?

Enjoy and be safe!

---Stiff
**Voluntary reading..MANDATORY, Voluntary reading!**
Cranky's Spoon Feeding For NewStillers!
Cleaning Your Still
Glossary of HD Terms
Safety and Related Issues

quando omni flunkus moritati
cranky
Master of Distillation

Re: New member Hello. -trying fruit liqueurs.

Post by cranky »

Welcome to HD blackberry77 :wave:
I like blackberry liqueur, these threads are a good place to start in that department.
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=47485

http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=48110
They work for pretty much any fruit. A lot of people use a grain base or grain based neutral for Panty dropper but I think it works better with a fruit base, even if it is a fruit based sugar head. I also prefer juicing my berries and adding juice rather than soaking the berries.

Now that you are an official member you can ask questions and join in conversations and have a whole lot of fun as well as learn a whole lot of things. Just make sure you ask those questions in the appropriate sections :) We would like to know where you live, naturally since you mention blackberries I think PNW since they grow like crazy here. :D