New to the process

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

dirtyshank
Novice

New to the process

Post by dirtyshank »

I'm new to distilling and live in Canada. Does anyone have any contacts that deliver to Canada or make stills in Canada ..
Thanks in advance
dirtyshank
Novice

Re: New to the process

Post by dirtyshank »

has anyone from Canada ordered any stills from Mile Hi distillery? they are from USA. i'm wondering if anyone had any problems with customs?
Klein
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klein »

Welcome to the forum.
I got my first still on amazon, they were also located in the same province that I live in. Not sure how it would go bringing it across the border.
dirtyshank
Novice

Post by dirtyshank »

really? i haven't found anything decent on Amazon to buy
Klein
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klein »

I got the t500 reflux still. not the cheapest way to go, but a decent setup to start with. Now that I have learned a lot from when I started and have had experience running a still, I am building the setup that I want to use long term.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Nice intro, short and sweet!

Now that you've done that part, go ahead to the appropriate thread to ask questions about buying stills and such.

Try a build! Sooo simple.

Try the novice section and speak about what you want to make, and what the best way. But do some reading and at least know something before asking too many questions. Some here will be not so sweet with the response if you ask questions that are already answered 500,000 times.

Take your time and get a good plan and do plenty of reading, PLENTY! It will help you tremendously

Shine0n
dirtyshank
Novice

Post by dirtyshank »

thanks ShineOn
i already know what type o style o still i want,, i want an 8 gallon milk can, 2 piece dual purpose re flux/pot still column at 2 inch diameter..the longer the column the better... i would like to run it with a 1500 watt element with an amp/temp controller.. the temp gauges dont matter because i can always buy them as long as the holes are where they need to be because my soldering skills are none existent and i would rather buy than build at least at this point in my skills..
i'm a little scared to order from american companies like mile Hi distilling and brewhaus because im not sure how Canadian customs are?
i anyone in Canada has any advice please feel free to message me..