Semi noob here, hey guys

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Daxter_d7
Novice

Semi noob here, hey guys

Post by Daxter_d7 »

Well, I'm new here. Never really took to a community in this subject, but it couldnt hurt. I kind of just hopped around between youtube and google. I've been kinda working on it on and off for almost a year. I've only ever made sugar shine(with the white sugar) and I suppose it was a rum, with molasses and brown sugar. I have the general concept down, there's just a few questions about things here and there I have. I look forward to joining you all and spreading knowledge on these topics.
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Semi noob here, hey guys

Post by Still Life »

Be careful with the You Tube videos as some of those cowboys could distill piss through a lead radiator and call it a fine drink.
Safety first here because we don't want you getting sick or developing bad habits.

Kick the tires, and I suggest reading, reading, reading the forum.
You'll be amazed at what you produce following the guidelines laid out for all of us.

Welcome.
Daxter_d7
Novice

Post by Daxter_d7 »

Definetly. I started with an aluminum pressure cooker for a still, to a stainless steel pot haha. I've learned and been mislead, but I do fully believe this site willbe a better source! Thanks!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, I believe a lot of us started like you then found this site. Trouble with individual posts such as YouTube is you do not know the background of the individual. The advantage of this forum is we have over 30,000 members to debate, agree, disagree, with comments. We also have members with various expertise in all aspects of the hobby. Good luck and be safe!
GrassHopper
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by GrassHopper »

Welcome,
You have joined a site that has a combined base of knowledge that spans 100's of years of experience. Not just some dipwad on u-tube who doesn't know "shit from shinolla", but convinces you that his "granddaddy" made the best shine ever, because that was what he heard.
A good place to start here is with the links in my signature below.
Enjoy the adventure, glad to have ya aboard
madspeed
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by madspeed »

Welcome aboard, there is certainly a wealth of knowledge around here. Spend some time reading, and then spend a little more time reading again!