Hey fellas I'm new here.

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Fish_06
Novice

Hey fellas I'm new here.

Post by Fish_06 »

Hello from the great state of Texas. My name is Kyle and I'm new to the home distilling hobby. I've just gotten started kinda good and still have a long ways to go but figure this is a great place to start. I have a alembic pot still. It's just a 10 1/2 gallon nó thumper just the way she came. I've ran 5 runs so far to this day, some have been good and 1 has a funk that I can't pin point on a sweet feed. Well here's to a good time and alot of fun playing with copper. If I'm doing something wrong please reach through the screen slap me around and set me straight please.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Hey fellas I'm new here.

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, I love the look of the alembic style stills. Yours at 10.5 gallons is bigger than many on the forum that own them. I believe most are around 5 gallons. Enjoy the journey!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

:wave: Welcome . You got a large enough pot to do some serious stillin . Stick with us and we will definitely lead you astray down the rabbit hole .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Welcome to the forum. You should be able to make a fine drop with that still.
Fish_06
Novice

Post by Fish_06 »

Sorry for the delayed response. I honestly just found out how to look at my post. I thought one was deleted lol. But yes I have made a few runs mainly just playing around with it but wanting to do some honeyshine now. I almost bought the 5 gallon but for 100 bucks more I figured it would be better to get the 10.5 gallon. I've read many post saying you'll want bigger in no time. But if any of yall have a good honey recipe I'm all ears. Picked up a gallon of local honey this morning for $45 so wanting to try badly thanks for the replies. Looking forward to bugging yall about more stuff if I can't find out by looking first
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

There is a honey shine thread on the Active Topics page right now. http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=58770

Try using the HD Google Search in the light blue bar.
Fish_06
Novice

Post by Fish_06 »

That's for the link NZCHRIS I'm bout to look in to it right now. Is the HD Google like regular Google or better.
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

It's better than the crappy forum 'Advanced Search' :roll: