Hi! from Colorful Colorado

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

Dtman
Novice

Hi! from Colorful Colorado

Post by Dtman »

We own a microdistillery in Colorado and we are always looking to share and learn different methods to improve our distilling techniques. We operate a 150 gallon column still and have been in operations for roughly 4 months. We are producing Bourbon along the neutral spirits - gin and vodka. It's been quite the adventure as getting the doors open was a massive undertaking in itself. We are looking forward to sharing ideas.
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hi! from Colorful Colorado

Post by Still Life »

Please be aware of forum rule #10

10. In our view 30 gallons and under is considered hobby size. Do not bring anything larger than this to our site. Legal distillers can talk about larger boilers in the Craft Distiller forums.

That's not to be rude, of course, but it will come up.
I wish you nothing but success because opening any business is tough these days. And I know distillery competition is challenging.
Hopefully ideas can be shared as hobby discussion.

Welcome!
Lko67
Novice

Post by Lko67 »

Welcome aboard you will find some very knowledgeable people here been reading posts for 5 months plus again welcome
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

welcome to the forum, there is tons of great info here for a craft distiller...so many innovations start right here at grassroots.

since you run so often, i'm sure you will have lots of trials and tribulations to share. post up some pics of your gear in the craft stillers thread if you can, we'd all love a peek inside. and if you put your license number in the sig line (look in user control panel) you can tell us all about how larger volume mashes and runs differ from the hobby size stuff.

best wishes for your new business!
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.