Howdy from nc everyone

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

NDknight78
Novice

Howdy from nc everyone

Post by NDknight78 »

Hey guys I'm just trying to get into making my own spirts and would love to become a pro at it some day so I'm hoping you guys can help me out with some of that, made a few batches so far, non have empressed me, they honestly have discouraged me. But never the less I'm not giving up, just hopingI can get some good advice from some of you more experienced distillers.

I have a 3 gallon pot still with a custom made copper condenser.
Hoping when I find out the perfect way to make stuff that doesn't smell like acetone I can upgrade to a 10 gallon still.

Thanks a lot,
Jacob
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Howdy from nc everyone

Post by Truckinbutch »

Howdy :wave: . We aren't going to spoon feed you . Do your required reading and lot's of your problems will just go away . That's the way we roll here .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

There are links in the chain to a making a good drink:
➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿
Start with a clean still made of proper, safe parts.
Choose a recipe from Tried & True off the main page to get your feet wet, and follow it.
Do a strip run, fast & furious. Get rid of foreshots.
Do a spirit run --slower, paying strict attention to cuts.
Blend good cuts.
Enjoy your acetone-free premium product.
➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿

Sound too easy? It is if you don't break the chain.

Get stuck? Use the HD Google Search at top of page. Leave a space after the URL and enter a term, word, or phrase.
Don't hang yourself with the chain.

Welcome in, and best of luck to you!
NDknight78
Novice

Post by NDknight78 »

Thanks for the help, I'll be sure to try the strip run technique, I've been mostly getting it to temp then turning it down and just letting it creep up to 205 or so.